5 replies to this topic

#1 warrerj

warrerj

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 03:35 PM

Hi

My 1st atempt at british u/w photography. Any comments or tips gratefully received.

Thanks

Attached Images

• DogFish1.jpg

#2 warrerj

warrerj

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 03:37 PM

More pics.

Attached Images

• SnakelocksAnemone.jpg
  • IMG_2789.jpg

#3 timing

timing

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 01:06 PM

Starting with the dogfish - nice catch compostion would be great except for the missing tail - I don't know how many shots I have like this - most of the fish but then damn - no tail. Having the fish across the diagonal work especially as the eye is on a thirds intersection. It all adds interest.

The snakelocks is OK in my view. These can be difficult to get a good capture as the arms are all over the place in the current / surge. Its nice enough but with the subject slap bang in the middle it lacks any real interest.

The blenny would've been a great shot but it seems a little out of focus?

Any heads-up on the location of the photos or the gear you're using? I don't believe that these are from around Swansea :D

#4 warrerj

warrerj

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 01:30 PM

I could tell you where but then I'd have to kill you !! You are correct it's not around Swansea !

They were taken with Canon S50 (canon housing) and Epoque ds 150 strobe.

It was Babbacombe nr. Torquay. Taken last weekend. Was hoping to get some shots of cuttle fish but they don't seem to be around yet.

Thanks for your comments. Your right the blendy is a tad out of focus.

#5 Alex_Mustard

Alex_Mustard

The Doctor

• Super Mod
  • 8390 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 01:35 AM

I really like the composition and angle on the blenny shot. Great subject separation with the open water. Pity that there is some movement blur in the shot.

The diagonal composition on the dogfish really helps the photo - although its a pity you cut off his tail! A lower camera angle would have allowed you to have the dogfish's face larger and get the tail in the shot.

Alex

Alexander Mustard - www.amustard.com - www.magic-filters.com
Nikon D4 (Subal housing). Nikon D7100 (Subal housing). Olympus EPL-5 (Nauticam housing).

#6 Alex_Mustard

Alex_Mustard

The Doctor

• Super Mod
  • 8390 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 01:38 AM

Have you seen the babbacombe beach website - it even has a webcam so you can check conditions before diving.

Babbacombe

Nice pix on it by Alan James,

Alex

Alexander Mustard - www.amustard.com - www.magic-filters.com
Nikon D4 (Subal housing). Nikon D7100 (Subal housing). Olympus EPL-5 (Nauticam housing).