• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lee3

lee3

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 08:26 AM

I have one inon d180 strobe for sale. This strobe cost me about $525 a year ago and I can no longer use it because I upgraded to a digital slr (the d180s use an optical slave and are great for point and shoot cameras.) The d180 was on approximately 30 dives with never any problems. I will pay for ups domestic shipping so that it is trackable. I will only accept pay pal and the price is firm at $350. Thanks

#2 tie

tie

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 03:31 PM

Is the optical connector included? What more, besides strobe arms, is needed to make this strobe work with a P&S digicam? Thanks.

#3 lee3

lee3

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 07:04 AM

>>Is the optical connector included? What more, besides strobe arms, is needed to make this strobe work with a P&S digicam? Thanks. <<<<

Yes, the optical connector is included and is part of the strobe's construction. The strobe has a sensor on the bottom that detects light coming from your camera's flash and immediately the strobe fires off its blast and since the speed of light is so quick, your point and shoot camera will take a picture with the stobe blasting the subject with as much brightness as you designate on the back of the stobe. all of the olympus, canon, and sony housings that i have seen for point and shoot cameras are clear or see through to permit use of an external stobe through an optical slave detection system. the following website has more infor on the d-180 as well as pictures. You can also use a fiberoptic cord on the d180; however, i never bought one and only used it in optical slave. As to the second part of your question, the only other items you would need to use with a point and shoot digital camera would be a housing and stobe arms.

http://www.scubacam....es/inond180.htm