• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 james

james

The Engineer

• Super Mod
  • 9968 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 07:48 AM

I just got one of these for upcoming offshore work. This could be the best digital photo backpack I've ever seen:

http://www.kata-bags...Id=4&ProdLine=4

Posted Image

It's got a quick access opening for the camera, a padded laptop sleeve, a camera strap that clips onto the front d-rings for hiking, and an all-weather sun/water cover. I'll get some pix of mine once I get it set up.

Cheers
James
Canon 1DsMkIII - Seacam Housing
Dual Ikelite Strobes
Photo site - www.reefpix.org

#2 MikeO

MikeO

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1023 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 09:23 AM

Looks like a nice bag. I've been looking around some as well for something to use as my camera/stuff carryon for plane trips. I've been traveling with an old Promaster backpack as my primary and a Shaun Jackson Design LapTrap as my "personal item" and computer bag. I note that Kata is also getting ready to release a larger pack (HB-207). Until now, I had been eyeing the Crumpler Schrinkle but it looks a bit harder to get into . . .

Mike

Mike Oelrich
Canon EOS 40D in Seatool housing, 100mm macro, Tokina 10-17, INON Z-240s.

#3 james

james

The Engineer

• Super Mod
  • 9968 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 02:21 PM

Hi Guys,

I just got back from a trip offshore where I tried out the Kata 103 - it was excellent! I was able to bring the camera and lenses I needed, used it to take photos, then pulled out the laptop and went to work. I was able to use the photos for an engineering discussion during our meeting after lunch.

Here are a few photos showing how I have it set up:

Posted Image

Camera, lenses, flash, power supply, and laptop in the bag. Travel documents, lens cloths and filters and other misc in the top.

Posted Image

1DmkII, 70-200, 12-24, 24-85, 15mm fisheye, and 580EX flash.

Posted Image

Quick opening flap for camera access. One other thing about this bag that is especially cool is that it comes with three mesh bags which velcro onto the padded dividers wherever you want to put them. They're good for holding lens cleaning cloths, lens caps, etc.

The bag was comfortable to carry around all day. Fits easily into the carry on or under the seat in front of you, seems very durable, and protects the camera and laptop well.

Cheers
James
Canon 1DsMkIII - Seacam Housing
Dual Ikelite Strobes
Photo site - www.reefpix.org

#4 Arnon_Ayal

Arnon_Ayal

Sperm Whale

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1826 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 11:27 PM

I sow some of the Kata products and they seems very good.
btw: Kata as just been sold to Vitecgroup
Arnon Ayal www.arnonayal.com
Nikon D200, Ikelite housing, Dual SB105.