• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Tuga

Tuga

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 September 2002 - 07:52 PM

The internal flash is covered by a reflector that comes with the Ikelite case. The reflector aims it to the sensor.

Hope this is what you needed to know.

tuga

#22 cmdasia

cmdasia

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 16 September 2002 - 11:37 PM

I manufactured my own for the PT10 housing - I assembled a PT10 with the DS125 (incl tray) kit from IKe and bolted my DX90 tray (end of) and arm to the DS tray - was having a lot of problems as the DX was set to slave and kept firing from the internal flash in and not lighting the shot properly. So I made a "plate" the size of the front of the camera - glued on the clip affair that come with the PT10 (for use with the 2040 I think) and now it simply clips onto the outside of my housing on the internal falsh diffuser - I will take a photo this weekend and pop it up here- it will the first time for this kit in salt water this weekend.

#23 alien-bob

alien-bob

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 October 2002 - 09:08 AM

Just got back from my first trip with the TTL cord rather than the slave. Boston! -- not exacltly a "dive destination" but the diving is surprisingly interesting even though it's "cold and dark." I didn't get around to doing the "side by side" slave vs. cord I wanted to (as my DS 125 flooded again, back to Ikelite it goes) but, the bottom line is that the overexposure problems I was having with the slave seem to have gone away with the cord. Using the strobe in TTL mode with the speedlight power set at -1 to -2 seems to give decent exposures in the 2-6 ft range, although I'm still shooting several frames if I can. Closer and I have tended to use manual settings on the strobe, further and, well, the vis doesn't really allow photos much further.

So, James, yes I'm sold on the cord.

I do want to try a side by side sometime though, as it could just be that the exposures are getting better as I get more familiar with the setup.

B.