Photo

Introductions (original thread, now closed)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
304 replies to this topic

#301 Tim Digger

Tim Digger

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Interests:Hyperbaric Medicine Dive Photography Walking and Climbing

Posted 23 October 2006 - 07:42 AM

Hi I'm Tim Digger, anaesthetist/intensivist in UK Midlands. Diver for 12 years, mixed local quarries, tropical and occasional trips to UK coast. Useing a Cannon G1 with DS50 Iklite housing until recently now on Nikon D70s Ikelite housing same strobe. Practicing in Dosthill quarry (if I can get reasonable results there I can get good ones else where). Started photography 30 years ago with Practica SLR and developed and printed B&W for years, Digital and UW has given me a new enthusiasm. Been meaning to register here for years since meeting Alex in Bunaken?3years ago or was it more?
Interested in Hyperbaric Medicine as well.
regards Tim Digger
Upgraded from D70s to Nikon D300s Dec2010. Lenses Sigma 17-70mm macro (non HSM) and 105mm macro. Tokina 10-17mm
Ikelite housing and DS125 and TTL converted DS50.

#302 DeanB

DeanB

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3073 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 08:11 AM

Hi Tim and welcome,

A man of many talents I see :D

Hope you find the forums and members info useful.. I have :D

Dive safe

DeanB
Facebook me ;)
NOW ON SKYPE !!! ... deanb69
www.waterwolf-productions.co.uk

#303 Synthesizer Patel

Synthesizer Patel

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 05:43 PM

Hi - my name's Toby - I'm a "mature" marine biology student studying at Unversity of Wales Swansea.

Still shooting on wet film - have an assortment of housed SLRs and a NikV

Thinking about switching over to the digital dark side so I thought I'd join the fun and learn a thing or two while I'm at it

#304 Buga

Buga

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:I'm student of biology, will have my degree in two weeks (I hope). Have special interest in marine biology, so that I did my thesis about the segrass Posidonia oceanica in Nature park Telascica in the Adriatic. <br />I've been dealing with photograpy since I remembre, but only year ago started with UW photograpy. My dream as a child has always been to work for BBC as an underwater camerman. :D<br />But I would be very happy just to work in Natural history museum, working on marine biology and with kids.

Posted 11 November 2006 - 05:02 AM

Well hello to everyone!

I'm Buga. At the time I'm still the biology student, but in a week or so, I'll be real biologist, with degree :)
I live in Croatia, inZagreb, but am moving to Rijeka, which is on the Adriatic coast. I've been diving for two years now, only in the Adriatic so far. Year ago I got my first UW housing for my olympus C-765. Nothing special, but it works great for a beginner like me. Now I'm waiting for my first strobe to come from States with my brother, so I hope to switch on some serious photography soon. :)

Since I remembre, I was in love with sea :) , so biology, then diving and the photography in the end, came just as an natural thing. I'm not so lucky to travel around, since can't afford it, but in the Adriatic there are some great sites - caves, walls, seagrass meadows, wrecks.... really everything.

So, this is from me for now :D

Bugs

#305 echeng

echeng

The Blue

• Admin
  • 5842 posts
  • Interests:photography, ice cream, cello, chamber music, quadcopters

Posted 18 January 2007 - 11:51 PM

I've closed this topic because it's too long. To introduce yourself, start a new thread in this forum!
eric cheng
publisher/editor, wetpixel
www | journal | photos