1 reply to this topic

#1 MikeVeitch

MikeVeitch

1.7kbps Manta Boy

• Senior Moderator
  • 6181 posts
  • Interests:Teaching Underwater Photography

Posted 26 May 2005 - 09:53 PM

Alex, just had the chance to peruse the new Fins mag with your column on TTL and the stingray shots. Couple of things i'd like to point out...

I liked the TTL article, lots of good points.
Also, seeing the stingray shots together and in print is great, good selection of shots. I find it interesting to see the Nik V and 15mm listed as one of the cameras there. Were you using several cameras at a time or is that an older shot? Did you use BW film or post pro in PS?

HOwever, perhaps the most shocking thing i saw in both articles was the photo of yourself and the lobster....what is with those fins???? Bright yellow and split! Please tell us you use those to bring sharks closer.... :o

Join us for an Underwater Photography Workshop in Ambon March 2015
Blog and Photo Archive/Portfolio Site www.mikeveitchblog.com
Learn underwater photography in Indonesia or Join me on a trip www.underwatertribe.com

#2 Alex_Mustard

Alex_Mustard

The Doctor

• Super Mod
  • 8376 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 01:25 AM

How embarrasing!
That picture was taken in January - and I was a bit of a dive-hobo back then. I was using a borrowed camera (Oly 5060), borrowed fins, borrowed strobe etc etc! They really aren't mine! I actually quite like those floppy Scubapro fins - although I'd go for a different colour. In anycase you can't get the foot ones in the UK.

I am not that pleased with the repro on the stingray portfolio - they need more contrast - but oh well. And yes the original shot, which is on my homepage was shot with a Nik V. The rest were taken in January with a borrowed D70.
Posted Image

Some of the pictures are here and explains a bit more about them:
Portfolio

I am really enjoying writing that column, which is about changes in this new world of digital UW photography. Obviously I am using it to set the world right with my opinions about digital!

So clearly I had to start with a rant about TTL! The next one is about social changes in the world of UW photography bought about by digital and has a big wetpixel plug in it!

Thanks for spotting it, Mike!

Alex

Alexander Mustard - www.amustard.com - www.magic-filters.com
Nikon D4 (Subal housing). Nikon D7100 (Subal housing). Olympus EPL-5 (Nauticam housing).