• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 snoack

snoack

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 12 October 2002 - 04:22 AM

I just returned from Bali where we found a perfect place for diving and relaxing. It is called Alam Anda and is located on the East coast of Bali near the village of Sambirentreng.
The resort has 12 very nice bungalows, an Ayurveda massage center (great!!), a restaurant (+3 kilos in 12 days) and a very well organized dive base. The owner is a german architect who successfully tried to build a resort that is really beautiful as well as functional (i.e. 24h electricity, warm water, ...).
The house reef is beautiful, with lots of fish and invertebrates, especially great for macro photography (lots of sea slugs, ghost pipe fish, shrimp). The other dive sites in the area (like the famous wreck of the Liberty in Tulamben) are regularly visited (25-45 minutes drive in an airconditioned minivan).
I'll post a trip report and a gallery on my website as soon as possible,

Sabine
Alam Anda Webpage (English and German)

#2 snoack

snoack

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 13 October 2002 - 09:34 PM

Paradise lost ?

After what happend on Saturday night, it is probably better to stay away from Bali right now. We always thought that this island was kind of a haven of peace and tranquillity in a troubled region but now we know better.
It makes my blood run cold when i think of all the dead and injoured - i was walking along Jalan Legian (where the bombing happened) only last week.
My sympathy goes to all victims and their families and friends as well as to the Balinese people who will suffer from this attack. I remember a Balinese lady who had just opened a shop close to the Sari club. I bought some souvenirs there and she told me how lucky she was to be able to rent a shop in such a good area. Now the whole building is gone ...

Sabine :blink: