• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 diveditz

diveditz

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 September 2004 - 03:38 PM

PLEASE be on the watch for stolen camera equipment. Removed from my checked-in luggage on SEPT 16th either from AA5062 flight boarding in Nassau, Bahamas (between 03.00pm and 04.00pm) or during transfer to AA1787 in Ft Lauderdale, Florida (between 5.11pm and 07.00pm)

Stolen items include:

NIKON NIKONOS RS BODY serial number 2005734
NIKON NIKONOS RS BODY serial number 200329
NIKON 20-35mm f/2.8 R-UW AF Zoom Nikkor Lens serial number 403038
NIKON 50mm f/2.8 R-UW AF Nikkor Lens serial number 300527
NIKON 50mm f/2.8 R-UW AF Nikkor Lens serial number 302642
NIKON 13mm f/2.8 R-UW AF Fisheye Nikkor Lens serial number 500535

Please respond to Scuba903@aol.com if you have any information or if anyone attempts to sell this equipment to you. There is a reward. Thank you for your attention

#2 Frazier Nivens2

Frazier Nivens2

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 04:29 AM

Have you checked Ebay. Just did a search and found some RS equipment there. You may email them and ask for serial numbers of the equipment. It's in Florida.

Sorry your gear was stolen.

http://search.ebay.c...s RS&category0=

Don't know if this link will work but it had a lot of RS equipment.

Good Luck,
Frazier Nivens, Ocean Imaging

frazier@oceanimaging.com

#3 Sloss

Sloss

Lionfish

• Industry
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 01:14 AM

Sorry about your equipment but this might help. If you have the time, you might want to see if you could send a mass email out to pawn shops in the West Palm and Ft. Lauderdale area to give them a heads up about your equipment. I worked in Riviera Beach a few years back and all sorts of stuff that was stolen in that area went straight to the pawn shops not EBAY. No matter what you may think of these places most will not accept goods from people off the streets IF they have a heads up it may be stolen and might even help catch the bad guy. It might take a few hours to gather all the pawn shops if the have an email but may pay off. What are the airlines doing out of curiousity? Even if it was taken in the Bahamas, chances are it will go on the market in Florida. Just my personal experience. I don't claim to be Kojak or anything. Good Luck!
Underwater Lightroom - Manage, Edit, Showcase - Make it Easy on Yourself
Underwater Photoshop - Take digital editing to a new level...

#4 james

james

The Engineer

• Super Mod
  • 9968 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 01:02 PM

Just FYI, I found out that the Police use a system called "Tips Online" to search the pawnshops for stolen items. The system is only as good as the people at the pawnshops, who enter the serial numbers of stuff that is brought in and pawned.

Cheers
James
Canon 1DsMkIII - Seacam Housing
Dual Ikelite Strobes
Photo site - www.reefpix.org

#5 Viz'art

Viz'art

Orca

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1489 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 04:27 PM

That's odd, just tried the link above and got an E-bay message that the seller went on vacation, wonder what kind of vacation...
Jean Bruneau / Aquatica Technical Advisor

www.vizart.ca

www.aquatica.ca

Aquatica Pro Digital housings for D-300s, AF 10-20mm, AF 10-17mm, AF 14MM, AF 17-35mm, af 17-70mm, AF 20MM, AF 60MM, AF 105MM, 2x Ikelite Ds 160, and TLC arms exclusively

#6 stewsmith

stewsmith

Giant Squid

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1578 posts
  • Interests:World travel
    diving
    photography
    winding Drew up

Posted 07 May 2006 - 07:16 AM

DIRTY THIEVING B'ST'RDS. CHOP THEIR FREEKING HANDS OFF. I had £3.000 worth of gear stolen out of mt vehicle a few weeks back. it hurts. but to have it stolen from checked luggage is disgusting. I am travelling through the US in a month on the way to the Galapagos and it is my biggest concern. I have read quite a few people have had problems with checked luggage. What have the airline said. also what have your insurers said. I have had trouble before with checked luggage and no one wants to take responsability for it. my insurer said it was down to the airline, the airline said it was down to the company who handle the baggage. it is a right bloody mess. I hope you do get your things back and I do hope the culpritts get caught, if they have already sold it i hope that they had a bad lump of crack and ended up in a bad way or even better over dosing and dead.
I also blame the people who buy these items knowing that they are stolen..

thats my view, stew

Canon 5D MK2 - Sea and Sea housed - 17-40L 100mm - Sigma 15mm FE - twin YS250 pro's and gadgets galore

http://www.euphoticzoneimaging.com