4 replies to this topic

#1 JoelD

JoelD

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 11:41 AM

Hey gang,
I've recently jumped off the underwater digicam dingy and made a heroic swim to the the dSLR yacht. Ok, so it was my visa card that needed the O2 when I climbed up the ladder...

As always the fine folks here at Wetpixel had a great deal to do with my new rig. I ended up with a d70s, 15mm sigma, 60mm nikon, and the 18-70 nikon kit lens and I have an order in for the new Ike d70 housing, 8 inch dome, etc, etc.

According to Ike's site, I'm still going to need a +4 diopter for the 18-70mm to get full range of operation, my problem is that I've had zero luck tracking one of these little fellas down. I've tried B & H, I've tried Adorama, 47th street, Amazon...

Anyone have a suggestion as to where one can be obtained or a part number?

/wave Olympus5060 set up, you'll be missed......briefly I belive.

Thanks,
Joel
http://www.widgetsandmore.com

#2 bvanant

bvanant

Giant Squid

• Team Wetpixel
  • 1565 posts
  • Interests:Science, photography, travel

Posted 30 June 2005 - 12:39 PM

From what I understand, the filter size for the lens is 67 mm. B&H sell a Tiffen set with +1, +2 and +4 diopters for $48 or so, a B&W version +4 for $36 or so (these are called close-up lenses). For the best quality you might look at the Canon version (your camera might break though) which comes in a 77 mm version, for this you will need a step down ring as well.
Bill

Bill
Canon 7d, Nauticam, Lots of glass, Olympus OMD-EM5, Nauticam, 60 macro, 45 macro, 8 mm fisheye, Inon, S&S, Athena Strobes plus lots of fiddly bits.
www.blueviews.net

#3 mndiver

mndiver

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 06:17 PM

I have the same set up you are putting together. I have the B&W +4 (B&H # BWCU467) which works well. It is in stock and $36.

My 2 cents....

Chris

#4 JoelD

JoelD

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 06:48 PM

Thanks for the input guys!
Joel D.
http://www.widgetsandmore.com

Nikon D300, D70s & a bunch of Ikelite stuff and all sorts of stuff my wife doesn't know about. Shhhhhh!

Join the National Association of Photoshop Professionals Today

#5 bkuner

bkuner

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 12:51 PM

I would avoid the larger diopter option with the step down ring. I am not sure on the 8 inch dome but if you had a step down ring and the diopter on the normal dome port at the 70mm end it would hit the dome.