• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 wetpixel

wetpixel

Wetpixel

• Admin
  • 2943 posts

Posted 25 October 2002 - 06:51 PM

It's better to have the images on your server than on ours, as it will be cheaper for us to maintain the site if the burden of image hosting is spread out among all of our users!

Having said that, if you have no other convenient way of hosting images, post away!! :blink:
Eric Cheng - Administrator, Wetpixel -

#2 bobjarman

bobjarman

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 07 February 2003 - 07:18 AM

When I link an image from my web site to a forum post, is there a code which will allow the image to show up instead of the link?

Added.....Nevermind, I figured it out! ;)

#3 wetpixel

wetpixel

Wetpixel

• Admin
  • 2943 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 12:34 PM

This is the code you use to link to an image:

[IMG]http://yourserver.com/yourimage.jpg[/IMG]

Eric Cheng - Administrator, Wetpixel -

#4 leepix

leepix

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Interests:Ships, boats and diving

Posted 21 October 2004 - 08:49 AM

I am still trying to decide which service to use for an online gallery. I have ben signed onto Pictopia, Ofoto, and had NikonNet for awhile. What are digidivers thoughts about a good service mainly for gallery purposes and printing some larger jobs? I have about 150 images now that I want to share. (Using DSL)
BTW I have many more image, I want to display and maybe sell, and ideas on the best way to do that? Personal website vs. commercial service????

#5 richorn

richorn

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 12:59 PM

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, so it might not be the right place to answer the post either!! (Eric, feel free to move this thread!)

However, I have had exceptional service from Allenhost.com. The storage sizes are great, price very reasonable, and Larry will set up gallery for you on your site. I have sent MANY people to them, and all are very pleased. No bad feedback at all.
Richard

#6 Pasquale

Pasquale

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 08:48 AM

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, so it might not be the right place to answer the post either!! (Eric, feel free to move this thread!)
However, I have had exceptional service from Allenhost.com. The storage sizes are great, price very reasonable, and Larry will set up gallery for you on your site. I have sent MANY people to them, and all are very pleased. No bad feedback at all.

can I 2nd this for Allenhost. A little biased i am, as larry is friend of mine now, but before being friends, i was a customer and his hosting service to me, as a stranger, knowing nothing about how to do this was awesome.
check out my site being hosted on Allenhost if you want.

www.ppfotos.com
ciao
pp
www.ppfotos.com

#7 Giles

Giles

International Supermodel

• 2618 posts
  • Interests:water and sun my friend, thats what turns me on.

Posted 08 February 2007 - 11:14 AM

For bulk photos I have used www.flickr.com along with joe tans plugin for wordpress www.tantannoodles.com (flickr photoalbum plugin)

for specific photos i just html my own single page. I only need 5 photos per category.

there are so many option like flickr now where you can hotlink photos. I love flickr as the API lets you show the images on your own site in your own design as if they are on your site .. and yet you pay for nothing as the image hosting and bandwidth is all free from flickr .. and works even for free (although i now got the pro account just to see if the benefits are worth it ... which they almost definitely seem like they are)

Allen host uses Gallery by Menalto which you can download and install yourself for free rather than paying for someone else to do it .. thats the idea of opensource software isn't it ? (i don't like gallery anyways .. it's over complicated and silly large IMO)
me on the web >> journal / flickr / portfolio
i use >> my camera, eye & stunning good looks

#8 aarontee

aarontee

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 08:21 AM

......testing.

Attached Images

• P6100018_.JPG

Edited by aarontee, 28 June 2007 - 08:23 AM.

#9 loftus

loftus

Blue Whale

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4570 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 09:46 AM

Anyone using Picassa; and know how to link Picassa images to this forum?
Nikon D800, Nikon D7000, Nauticam, Inons, Subtronic Novas. Lens collection - 10-17, 15, 16, 16-35, 14-24, 24-70, 85, 18-200, 28-300, 70-200, 60 and 105, TC's. Macs with Aperture and Photoshop.

#10 loftus

loftus

Blue Whale

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4570 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 10:05 AM

Ok, answered my own question following the same bbcode conversion as for flickr

Posted Image

Edited by loftus, 17 May 2008 - 10:12 AM.

Nikon D800, Nikon D7000, Nauticam, Inons, Subtronic Novas. Lens collection - 10-17, 15, 16, 16-35, 14-24, 24-70, 85, 18-200, 28-300, 70-200, 60 and 105, TC's. Macs with Aperture and Photoshop.

#11 tubino

tubino

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:Vacuum tube audio, vintage hi-fi, horn speakers, Tannoy dual concentric speakers.

Posted 04 August 2008 - 09:16 AM

Test using img tags, after getting this error message:

Sorry, dynamic pages in the tags are not allowed

[img]
Nikon D300s, Ikelite housing + 2 Ike DS-160. Tokina 10-17 fisheye, 11-16mm, Sigma 50 macro, Nikon 105 VR, SubSee Magnifier.