4 replies to this topic

#1 motionsync

motionsync

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • Interests:UW photography with available light<br />Freediving

Posted 26 July 2005 - 05:30 PM

My dealer told me that INON announced that they discontinue Z-220F and S strobes. And they have not announced any succeed model.

Strange, Z-220F was just released

There is a note on the INON Japan homepage:

INON Note

Translation:

Announcement

TTL Auto Strobe Z-220 Series – production discontinued

We would like to inform you that we will discontinue the production of below TTL Auto Strobe Z-220 Series products:

- Underwater TTL Auto Strobe Z-220F
- Underwater TTL Auto Strobe Z-220S

Please be advised that we continue to sell the above products at participating retailer shops until the stocks last. For these orders which we have received and confirmed, we will manufacture and deliver the products, outside the aforementioned stocks.

We look forward to your continued business / support / patronage .

19 July 2005-07-27

INON Ltd.
Lambis Stratoudakis - http://www.lambisstratoudakis.com

#2 herbko

herbko

Herbzilla

• Super Mod
  • 2128 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 05:39 PM

Strange indeed. Considering that the Z220F only came out a few months ago. I hope they come out with something more powerful.

The announcement for the Z220F is dated June 1 on the Inon America page. If it's really discontinued, that must set a record for the shortest lived product.
Herb Ko http://herbko.net
Canon 5D; Aquatica housing; 2 Inon Z220 strobes; Canon 100mm macro, 17-40mm ; Sigma 15mm FE, 24mm macro, 50mm macro

#3 ReyeR

ReyeR

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 05:59 PM

Considering that there wasn't much difference in design / performance between the Z220 and 220F (except for the focus light controller), I'm not surprised. I was actually surprised that the 220F was released without much change.

Hopefully they are taking into account the more demanding pre-flash requirements of the current/future Digicams / DSLRs, and a little more power would be nice.

I hope they're not planning a 'sync cord' mish-mash version of the D-2000!

#4 herbko

herbko

Herbzilla

• Super Mod
  • 2128 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 07:45 PM

Considering that there wasn't much difference in design / performance between the Z220 and 220F (except for the focus light controller), I'm not surprised. I was actually surprised that the 220F was released without much change.

Hopefully they are taking into account the more demanding pre-flash requirements of the current/future Digicams / DSLRs, and a little more power would be nice.

I hope they're not planning a 'sync cord' mish-mash version of the D-2000!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's a bigger difference than the D70 and D70s :)
Herb Ko http://herbko.net
Canon 5D; Aquatica housing; 2 Inon Z220 strobes; Canon 100mm macro, 17-40mm ; Sigma 15mm FE, 24mm macro, 50mm macro

#5 ReyeR

ReyeR

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 02:46 AM

It's a bigger difference than the D70 and D70s  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:)