From "David" profile Gallery in Rodale Forum

http://www.scubadivi...ries.php?s=1170

#2 David

David

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 17 February 2002 - 07:42 PM

All comments are appreciated. Likes, dislikes, download is too slow, how did I get the shot…. Just ask or comment.

We will all benefit.

#3 derway

derway

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1136 posts

Posted 25 February 2002 - 01:50 PM

Hi David.

These look like they were shot with an SLR. Or have you found a lens combo for P&S digis, that allows the shot of the pygmy seahorse?

Nice work.

Don
Don Erway
http://picasaweb.google.com/onederway/
http://www.pbase.com/derway

nikon n90s/ikelite housing/twin SS-200 canon G2/ikelite/DS-50/optical TTL slave
sony V3/ikelite/DS-51/Heinrich DA2 slave

#4 David

David

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 25 February 2002 - 07:43 PM

I own the Canon F1 SLR, but it is not housed. Purely for the land.

When underwater, I use the Nikonos V with various lenses. For macro's I normaly use the Ikelite set, normally 1:1. If I know what I am looking for exactly, I will then use the appropriate magnification. Once in awhile I may even use the Nikonos Close Up Kit for the much bigger stuff.

In the small write up above the pictures I do mention the equipment I use. I have only recently bought a Canon S40 and just got the housing, no DS-125 yet.

For the pygmy sea horse the setup was:
Nikonos V
Nikonos 35 mm
Ikelite 1:1 with the Framer taken OFF
Ikelite SS50 X 2
Ikelite Quick Grip Arms X 2
One Strobe was handled manually

f stop of 22 and speed 60 using ASA 100 film.

All in all I took 7 shots to get this shot in 75 feet of water. I had to hang upside down to get the 7 shots because the small/medium sized sea fan was on the sea bed surrounded by coral. It consumed about 20 minutes of my bottom time.

Most of the shots were taken using the framer, but the subject was at a part of the sea fan where it branched more like a tree than a fan. So the framer kept getting in the way, so I removed it.

There were actually 2 good shots out of the 7, but I prefered this one. I had it enlarged to 10R size and cropped it down to 8R for my portfolio, then scanned it in.

[Edited on 2-27-2002 by David]

#5 David

David

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 04 March 2002 - 12:55 AM

In the Housing forum, Allan posted the following:

INON lens adapter mount for the wp-dc300/400 case

David,

FYI, INON introduced their line of wide and macro attachment lens for the Canon WP-DC300/400 Underwater Housing at the Tokyo Diving Festival 2002. The INON lens adapter is compatible with the INON UCL-330 macro lens or the INON UWL-100 wide angle lens. Release date is May 2002.

Allan

So taking Pygmy Sea Horses may become possible with a Canon S40 in the WP-DC300.

[Edited on 3-4-2002 by David]