48 replies to this topic

#41 Viz'art

Viz'art

Orca

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1492 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 08:36 PM

Hey buddy, how is the new New Englander, remember your in murky territory now, so behave <_< , You wanna come up and pick up the housing, remember me and Beatriz have a guest room for floatsam and debris drifting our way north, mi casa es tu casa hermano :lol:

Cheers
Jean Bruneau / Aquatica Technical Advisor

www.vizart.ca

www.aquatica.ca

Aquatica Pro Digital housings for D-300s, AF 10-20mm, AF 10-17mm, AF 14MM, AF 17-35mm, af 17-70mm, AF 20MM, AF 60MM, AF 105MM, 2x Ikelite Ds 160, and TLC arms exclusively

#42 Rocha

Rocha

Salty Dog

• Senior Moderator
  • 3073 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 06:00 PM

Hi Jean,

Any news on the progress of the Aquatica D2x?

Luiz Rocha - www.luizrocha.com
Nikon D800, Aquatica AD800, Ikelite strobes.

#43 Viz'art

Viz'art

Orca

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1492 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 06:22 PM

Hi Luiz, there trimming this and that, streamlining this, repositionning that, blah, blah, blah, i'm impatient to have the thing but I understand the tibetian monk patience needed for those project. Which is why I never was or will be in charge of production :D It is very near final that much I know, I have two good friend, who ordered this housing, they are going down to Antartica for the next 18 months to spend the winter lock in ice in a sailboat and they are leaving at the end of August and that is fairly soon :D That is going to be one hell of a testing facillity! :)

Cheers

P.S. I bought a D2h for 1,500.00 Can. +/- 1200 U.S. with a few hundred shots on it, that will just tickle me until I sell some organ for the X file version. darn that focus is fast.

www.vizart.ca

www.aquatica.ca

Aquatica Pro Digital housings for D-300s, AF 10-20mm, AF 10-17mm, AF 14MM, AF 17-35mm, af 17-70mm, AF 20MM, AF 60MM, AF 105MM, 2x Ikelite Ds 160, and TLC arms exclusively

#44 Alex_Mustard

Alex_Mustard

The Doctor

• Super Mod
  • 8375 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 11:04 PM

Jean, remember that the D2x has even better focus than the D2h :) Ok, not by much. Alex

Alexander Mustard - www.amustard.com - www.magic-filters.com
Nikon D4 (Subal housing). Nikon D7100 (Subal housing). Olympus EPL-5 (Nauticam housing).

#45 Viz'art

Viz'art

Orca

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1492 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 05:22 PM

Alex, you son of a gun <_< , you know married peoples can't just buy something for themselves unless they purchase something of greater value for their spouses, still you rub my nose into it, that's mean !, well right now I don't have ten thousand bucks to blow away. I'm hoping eventually that my wife, for all her qualities, won't notice the subtle shift fron a H to an X, I mean they do look like the same camera even an H an a X can look the same from a distance, really honey you should check your reading glass prescription you are confusing your letters :)

Cheers you mean bloke !

www.vizart.ca

www.aquatica.ca

#46 Lionfish43

Lionfish43

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 09:18 PM

Jean,
I think you'll be pleasantly suprised with your new D2h. I originally purchased mine to shoot sports but now I use it for all my topside shooting. The film-like quality of the images is remarkable. I'm looking forward to putting mine in an Aquatica D2 and seeing what it can do underwater. Do you think they'll be available by mid October.

Larry
Larry Oberlander My Webpage
Nikon D200, Aquatica AD200

#47 MikeVeitch

MikeVeitch

1.7kbps Manta Boy

• Senior Moderator
  • 6180 posts
  • Interests:Teaching Underwater Photography

Posted 24 August 2005 - 12:51 AM

Jean, don't you own/manage/work ?! at a large camera store?

Don't you think using a little white out to that D2H of yours and swapping it with a D2X would work?! :):)

Join us for an Underwater Photography Workshop in Ambon March 2015
Blog and Photo Archive/Portfolio Site www.mikeveitchblog.com
Learn underwater photography in Indonesia or Join me on a trip www.underwatertribe.com

#48 Viz'art

Viz'art

Orca

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1492 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 07:44 PM

Mike you remember Letraset peel-off letters ;) , maybe I can add a few zero on my ten dollars bills at the same time :)

Own (I wish, 160+ employees), manage (did for 10 years), work (yes I'm a full time photo instructor in our workshops dept. and responsible for undewater affairs)

cheers

www.vizart.ca

www.aquatica.ca

#49 Viz'art

Viz'art

Orca

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1492 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 07:46 PM

Larry said, Do you think they'll be available by mid October.

Yep if not sooner.

Cheers

www.vizart.ca

www.aquatica.ca