3 replies to this topic

#1 ChrisJ

ChrisJ

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 07:53 AM

Hi all! And thanks in advance,

How do you guys get payment that protects both buyer and seller? I have someone who is willing to buy my item from another country and I am stumped as which is the best way to receive payment and send my item... COD thru FedEx/UPS/DHL? Paypal? or are there any Escrow services that is reliable?
Nikon D3, 17-35mm f/2.8, 35-70mm f/2.8, 50mm 1.8, 70-300mm VR

#2 folivier

folivier

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 05:58 PM

Be aware with Paypal that they will charge you a substantial fee for any currency conversion! Cost me $30 for Canadian to US dollars. You might want to consider this cost in your transaction.

#3 Starbuck

Starbuck

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 06:32 PM

Ive sold a lot of stuff. This is what I have done..

If you own your own business and accept credit cards just have buyer call in with the number. You run the charge and send UPS tracking number same day. Buyer gets credit card fraud protection this way...you get your money.

I have also sent UPS COD before. This is great since buyer gets product and gives UPS driver the check. I usually will send from UPS store to UPS store. They are all over the place.

I have had buyers send me check, wait till check clears then send product. I have sold several items via Wetpixel this way. This is not good for buyer.

I would avoid Paypal/Ebay. They will not resolve any issues for you. The only time I've had a problem with selling/buying has been with Paypal. If you run into a problem you will probably never ever speak to a real person.

Western Union is another method of a buyer sending you money. This works good as well.

I have never had a problem with someone from wetpixel buying my camera gear.

M.
Michael V. Palasz
www.fishlens.com
D2X and D80 / Nexus / Ikelite / Inon / Heinrichs iTTL controller

#4 motionsync

motionsync

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • Interests:UW photography with available light<br />Freediving

Posted 09 August 2005 - 07:44 PM

I have use PAYPAL very offen to pay thinks that i buy but I first check if the company is serious. I never buy thinks from comanys or persons that I dont know.
Becauce I am living in Europe send checks etc. is very expensive form me.

If it is UW equickment I will only sale Lokal or to a member off the Wetpixel forum
Lambis Stratoudakis - http://www.lambisstratoudakis.com