• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jcclink

jcclink

Great Hammerhead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 08:06 PM

Anyone had experience shooting the D70 in 30-35 deg temperatures? About how many shots on a fully charged battery under these conditions?
Nexus D300, 10-17mm, 12-24mm, 17-55mm, 60mm, 105mm VR
S&S YS110's & YS27's

#2 timoma

timoma

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 11:02 PM

Don't know about the D70 yet, but I have shot the D100 topsides a lot in temperatures around -20 to -25 Centigrade which is, ermm, let's see now, about -5 to -10 Fahrenheit. In these temperatures a fully charged battery lasted for about 100-150 images or thereabouts. The images being mostly landscapish stuff, so mostly manual focus, no flash.

timo
It was already broken when I got here

#3 mndiver

mndiver

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 07:20 PM

I have used my Ike Housed D70 on several ice dives. These dives are generally in your temp range. Very cold on the surface and chilly under the ice. I can't tell you exactly how long it will last, but I have never had to change the battery while doing several ice dives in one day. I would say at least a few hundred shots. Hope that helps.

#4 Chris

Chris

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 04:26 AM

Hi,

When I use the camera underwater (28 degree Celsius) I can easily make 150 pictures a day for at least 2 days. (No use of internal flash) Then I did recharge it, cause I don't like the experiance under water without bat-power during my holiday. :)

Above Water in 30 degree celsuis environment I made maybe 200 to 300 pictures with one battery fill splitted up through several days.

In other words the battery is excellent and it last long enough. As I usually use an external flash (above and underwater) the battery of the camera has never been a problem to me. If you have access to power during the night just charge it for the next day. I did think about buying a 2nd spare battery just in case and it might be recommended.

Best regards,

Chris
Nikon D70 in SEALUX CD70 (18-70mm, 105mm), SONY DSC-P9, Nikonos V Subtronic Alpha strobe :)
www.chrispix.de