Photo

Industry members, introduce yourselves...

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#81 MortenHansen

MortenHansen

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:05 AM

Hi everyone.
My full name is: Morten Lund Hansen
Diving Center Manager (+guide/instructor) of the "Werner Lau Diving Center" in the "Siddhartha Dive Resort & Spa", Kubu, Bali, Indonesia.

#82 KrisMBAQ

KrisMBAQ

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:52 PM

Hi, I'm Kris Ingram, the Image Resources Coordinator for the Monterey Bay Aquarium. I'm interested in new underwater photography styles, techniques and subjects, and also keeping an eye out for great photos. My image searches are project-based, so I'm afraid I'm not able to review unsolicited portfolios. Looking forward to seeing what's out there. --Kris

#83 pascal_eeckhoudt

pascal_eeckhoudt

Starfish

• Industry
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:15 AM

Hi everyone,

My name is Pascal Eeckhoudt and I'm in charge of the Hugyfot worldwide sales & marketing.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you should have any Hugyfot related question, comment or inquiry.

info@hugyfot.com

pascal.eeckhoudt@hugyfot.com

+ 32 53 64 72 70

If you should be in the neighboorhood (Erembodegem - Belgium) we can always arrange a factory visit.

Regards,

Pascal

Hugyfot Sales & Marketing - www.hugyfot.com

#84 ChrigelKarrer

ChrigelKarrer

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:39 AM

My name is Chris "Chrigel" Karrer and i was born and rised in Switzerland but in 1996 i left to Sardinia,

the second biggest island of the mediterreanean sea belonginmg to Italy.

I started to dive dive there and meanwhile i an PADI and SSI Instructor and own a dive operation in Sardinia and in winter time i move to Costa Rica where i own a second dive operation.

I come of a family of photographers and movie makers so is learned photography from when i was a child and finding me with a exposure meter and the camera in my hands or developing in the darkroom was not rare at all.

The development of digital photography raised my passion for photography and i stepped up from a 

Coolpix 2000 over a Fuji E900 and then D90,D700 and now to my D800.

I used 2 Ikelite housings for the E900 and the D90 and then i switched to Hugyfot and i am very happy with this housings.

Chris "Chrigel" Karrer

P.S. "Chrigel" is the swissgerman short version of Chris(tian) and i was called almost my whole life Chrigel but for international language issues i (had) to switch to Chris making the pronunciation much easier for non swiss speaking people.

Nikon D800 - Sigma 15mm - Nikon 105mm Micro VR - Hugyfot Housing - 3 Inon Z-240 strobes - 2x2 8'' ULCS arms

Canon G12 with Patima aluminium housing - Fuji E900 with Ikelite housing
Visit My Costa Rica Website - Visit My Italy Website

#85 John Bantin

John Bantin

Sperm Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1857 posts
  • Interests:former Technical Editor of
    Diver Magazine (UK) and www.divernet.com
    occasional contributor
    SportDiver (Aus)
    Undercurrent
    Author of Amazing Diving Stories (Wiley Nautical)

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:45 AM

I may be a scurrilous hack but Pascal is a gentleman. Welcome Pascal.

Attached Images

• HugyGreenLight.jpg

I buy my own photographic kit. Diving equipment manufacturers and diving services suppliers get even-handed treatment from me whether they choose to advertise in the publications I write for or not. All the equipment I get on loan is returned as soon as it is finished with. Did you know you can now get Diver Mag as an iPad/Android app?

#86 Blue Screen Productions

Blue Screen Productions

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:26 PM

Hi guys,

My name is Nicholas Hart, i created this account in the name of my production company Blue Screen Productions.

I have been a diver for the past 3 years and have been involved in underwater videography the whole time.

I am a a PADI advanced certified diver.

My camera setup was a Canon SD980IS with housing with which I produced and displayed a number of videos (under the username skating101) however I have recently updated to a Canon 600D with Ikelite housing and a variety of lenses.

Thanks

Nicholas Hart

#87 Saltwaterphoto

Saltwaterphoto

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:critters, diving, photography

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:57 PM

Hi Gang, and thanks for creating this forum i wont feel so tacky doing this.

I live and work in Anilao Philippines with Crystal BLue Resort. We have been working diligently to create a photgraphers haven by creating the things i saw the area is lacking.

I started here 3 years ago and have logged well over 1000 dives in the area, finding new sites and critters, training guides and yes, building out the resort (designing the build out).

25 bay camera room, nitrox, nicer boats with shaded areas, killer dive deck, great food and close to the dive sites!

I am a Photographer and Critterhead and enjoy teaching guests about our area as much as diving here. So if you would like some help before a trip, either booking, photo or lens choices please let me know.

However i wont tell you where to find what critter, for that you will have to book with us..lol

The area is a bit tricky to navigate, so if i can help answer questions, please let me know...

#88 ARX9968

ARX9968

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:photography, spear fishing, lobstering, beach diving and recreational diving

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:05 AM

I am new to this site and new to photography.  I have made over 3000 dives since 1971, but only took up photography UW recently. I have an Olympus with Sea &Sea Y-17 slave strobe.  I just bought a Hero GoPro 3 with 500 lumins light because I could not use my Sea & Sea with a GoPro.  Can anyone tell me if the 500 Lumins will be enough to use with the GoPro at less than 50 Ft with my color filters??  Bob K.

#89 luksnyc

luksnyc

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:42 PM

Hi all,

I am an avid diver with an Advanced Open Water certification and a Nitrox specialty. I logged 702 dives since 2006 and am fortunate enough to have seen a good deal of the world and pristine diving locations. I have experimented with photo equipment throughout my diving and an currently using a Canon 5D Mark ii to capture the beauty of marine life. I am a shark enthusiast and have done many dives accordingly observing different species. As a member of the global diving community, I am here to share and absorb experiences from fellow divers. I also have some equipment for sale that I will be posting shortly. Looking forward to what WetPixel has to offer.

Alex