• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 wetpixel

wetpixel

Wetpixel

• Admin
  • 2943 posts

Posted 08 November 2002 - 04:09 AM

SHOW OFF! Post photos and links to galleries.

If you explicitly want criticism for your image, make a note of that somewhere in the subject line of the post, or post the image in the "Image Improvement Center" forum.

When replying, try not to quote the photo itself (if you quote from the original message). You can do this by deleting the image code from inside the [quote] tags.

Constructive criticism only, please! Let's all be polite! Now, let's see what you got. ;)

If you are posting a gallery:

Please CREATE A NEW TOPIC for every gallery, and include:

1. gallery web link
2. gallery title
3. comments, etc.

Please use the following code to link to your gallery:
[url=http://yourgallery.com]Your Gallery Name[/url]

Eric Cheng - Administrator, Wetpixel -

#2 wetpixel

wetpixel

Wetpixel

• Admin
  • 2943 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 12:26 PM

Hey, guys. I don't want to turn this forum into one where we needlessly bash posted work, but it seems like we're getting a bit too "nice." Let's try to get more constructive criticism going!

And let's revive the "[hammer me]" subject tag line (if you want the brutal truth). :D

-Eric
Eric Cheng - Administrator, Wetpixel -

#3 Cybergoldfish

Cybergoldfish

Sperm Whale

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1954 posts
  • Interests:Don't include plankton

Posted 15 January 2004 - 02:05 AM

In the interests of uniformity and practicality please ensure all images posted meet a maximum size of 640 pixels longest side. This helps prevent having to scroll sideways to read follow on text, disrupting the thread. :D

If you feel a larger image might be benificial, by all means provide a link to enable this. :(

Also, please limit the size of linked images for ease of downloading. Many members are still using dial-up and images of large Kb's may take 10 minutes or more to download. :D

Images around 70-100 Kb are normally big enough for display or critique, but you can obviously link to any size you like, providing a choice. :o

Thanks,

Bob

#4 buddy

buddy

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Interests:diving, photography, golf

Posted 07 June 2004 - 12:54 AM

How can I attach several files? somehow I was able only to include 3 files. They are all between 50 and 150 KB

Juerg
www.jvpictures.com
Nikon D4s, Nikon 16-35 /f4 VR II, 70-180,105mm f/2.8, Subal ND4 housing and ports, 2 Subtronic Fusion (flash and video lights), Sigma 15mm /f2.8, Subal 4" Minidome

#5 james

james

The Engineer

• Super Mod
  • 9969 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 05:10 AM

Just make a second post if you need to attach more. If you have a website and/or some other online storage, then you can use the button below that says "Img" and paste in the URL to the photo.

HTH
James
Canon 1DsMkIII - Seacam Housing
Dual Ikelite Strobes
Photo site - www.reefpix.org

#6 Trevor Rees

Trevor Rees

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Interests:UK underwater photography

Posted 27 September 2007 - 03:10 AM

Can someone tell me how to add an image in to a post? I've only managed to attach images as thumbnails in the past.

#7 Giles

Giles

International Supermodel

• 2618 posts
  • Interests:water and sun my friend, thats what turns me on.

Posted 27 September 2007 - 06:13 AM

Trevor,

You must have the image hosted somewhere online, either your own webspace or somwhere like Flickr is great as it's free and resizes for you. Flickr also gives you the direct URL of the photo and has unlimited FREE storage.

Anyways once you have the photo online you can use the WYSIWYG editor here to put the code for the image in the post. the code would look something like this :

[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/114/252763770_f8406f387a.jpg[/img]
you can see how the code is simply a URL inside an image tag (BB Code)
The line above will give you this result:
Posted Image

I hope this helps.

edit: I found the other Post on this after a quick few searches [click here for post]
It's always a nice idea to have the images sized nicely to fit well into the forum space so about 600px longest side.
me on the web >> journal / flickr / portfolio
i use >> my camera, eye & stunning good looks