Born in France, raised in the Southern Pacific, Vanuatu -the happiest country in the world-for 7 years and New-Caledonia for 2 years, until it was time to go to university in Europe. More lifetime spent in Paris but still an islander deep in the heart.
In love with South East Asia, Leica film cameras, my Canons EOS7D & 5D, Burgundy wine and Brunello di Montalcino sipped with a white truffle bruschetta, remote islands in the sun like Havelock or Nacula, Bandaneira in the midst of the spice islands, Tuscany weekends, the people of Fiji & Vanuatu, bislama (langwej blong mifala), tuluk (the best snack in the world), spicy thai food and travel photography.
Traveling the furthest away I can afford at least twice a year, -more like three or four times on the good years- with my wife and daughter. Maybe diving is for me an alibi for traveling further and taking more photos.
My favorite dive spots :
- Ambon : hardcore muck paradise.
- Nusa Laut in Maluku : Coral gardens like on the 7th day of creation
- Bangka N/Sulawesi : home of Sahaung, the most beautiful divespot in the world
- Sipadan & Mabul, where anything can happen from micro to mega.
- Komodo national park for the coral coverage and the billions of basslets.
- Vatu-I-Ra in Fiji for the carpets of soft corals.
- Pescador island in the Philippines for the coral colors and the macro life.
- SS Pres.Coolidge wreck in Vanuatu because it's sooo impressive.
48 years old
April 29, 1965
Show Country Flag:
Camera Model & Brand
Canon EOS7D+ Tokina 10-17FE + Canon 100 Macro + Kenko 1,4TC + Subsee/10
Strobe/Lighting Model & Brand
Inon Z240 *2
ULCS and Inon Strobe Arms+ Inon S550 focus light