LukoMember Since 29 Aug 2003
Offline Last Active May 04 2017 02:02 AM
Born in France, raised in the Southern Pacific, Vanuatu -the happiest country in the world-for 7 years and New-Caledonia for 2 years, until it was time to go to university in Europe. More lifetime spent in Paris but still an islander deep in the heart.
In love with South East Asia, old Leica cameras, my Canons EOS7D & 70D, Burgundy wine and Brunello di Montalcino sipped with a white truffle bruschetta, remote islands in the sun like Molana, Havelock or Nacula, Bandaneira in the midst of the spice islands, Tuscany weekends, the people of Fiji & Vanuatu, bislama (langwej blong mifala), tuluk (the best snack in the world), spicy thai food and travel photography.
Traveling the furthest away I can afford at least twice a year, -more like three or four times on the good years- with my wife and daughter. Maybe diving is for me an alibi for traveling further and taking more photos.
My favorite dive spots :
- Ambon : hardcore muck paradise, beauty tucked in the mud.
- Alor's Bama Wall : Blue, blue blue, orangy anthias and the coral colors.
- Anilao : the contrast of blue water Beatrice with mucky nudiwonderland.
- Nusa Laut in Maluku : Coral gardens like on the 7th day of creation
- Dampier straits in Raja Ampat : those who told you there is no more fish in Indonesia lied.
- Bangka N/Sulawesi : home of Sahaung 2, the most colorful divespot in the world
- Sipadan & Mabul : where anything can happen from micro to mega.
- Komodo ; it's a coral war down there with billions of basslets for spectators.
- Nusa Penida off Bali : gin clear water, soft corals, big animals.
- Vatu-I-Ra in Fiji for the carpets of soft corals and purple anthias dancing around.
- Pescador island in the Philippines for the coral colors and that sardine school experience.
- SS Pres.Coolidge wreck in Vanuatu because it's sooo impressive.
- Group Member
- Active Posts 192
- Profile Views 10224
- Member Title Wolf Eel
- Age 52 years old
- Birthday April 29, 1965
Show Country Flag:
Camera Model & Brand
Canon EOS7OD+ Tokina 10-17FE + Canon EF100 Macro + Canon EFS60+ Kenko 1,4TC + Subsee/10
Strobe/Lighting Model & Brand
Inon Z240 *2
ULCS and Inon Strobe Arms+ Inon S550 focus light
- Website URL http://www.flickr.com/photos/luko/
There are no status updates to display