I recently took a practically brand new DS-125 on a dive and did not realize that the O-ring was pinched between the battery and the strobe. I was down for 45 mins and noticed black (appeared black) liquid coming from it. The strobe obviously wasn't firing correctly, I think only twice. I cleaned as much as I could during my surface interval, and dried it, then took it back down. It actually worked correctly the entire time. The only weird thing was the Ready Light stayed on when it was switched to the OFF position. Now, a couple days later, after cleaning all the corrosion off the connections (with lighter fluid), and recharging the battery (it was completely dead) I reattached the battery and there was no response in any of the switches positions. No Ready Light, No charging sound, No Model Light.
Has any one else had this problem? Can I fix this myself? Is the strobe completely ruined beyond repair? Will Ikelite repair strobes? If so, any idea how much it costs? Thanks everyone for your time and thoughts.
TMondellMember Since 04 May 2008
Offline Last Active Nov 18 2008 06:14 AM
- Group Member
- Active Posts 5
- Profile Views 1418
- Member Title Starfish
- Age Age Unknown
- Birthday Birthday Unknown
Camera Model & Brand
10-22mm, 18-55mm, 28-135mm, 70-300mm, 50mm, 100mm
- Website URL http://