Jump to content

Daniel P

Member Since 05 Jun 2008
Offline Last Active Nov 26 2010 02:32 PM

Posts I've Made

In Topic: Nikonos SB-104

13 January 2009 - 10:44 AM

My battery pack died so I replaced the cells inside the casing with higher capacity NiCd cells after reading the following thread. They have also used NiMh.



What capacity did you choose on your NiCd cells, and what recycling time do you have on a full flash?


In Topic: Old strobes with digital SLR

17 October 2008 - 11:13 PM

I just switched from film to digital and am a “rookie” to this topic when it comes to interface between housing and strobes. I have kept some Ike strobes in spare. Can I use these strobes with a digital SLR (Nikon D300 in S&S MDX housing) when shooting with them in manual mode? The strobes are SS-50, SS-100 and DS125 w/slave sensor.

Yes, It should be no problem but you need to remove pins on the hotshoe cable in the housing
so that you only use trigger and ground. If you do this then you can only shoot manual.


In Topic: Mixed Colour temperatures

09 October 2008 - 01:58 AM

I have read your (very good)articles about green and blue background water
depending if one use warm or cold strobes.
what is your opinion, using two strobes with different colour temp.
regarding the background colour?


In Topic: Subal viewfinder GS180

07 September 2008 - 10:25 AM

Thanks for your instructions, did a test dive
today with my new viewfinder and everything
worked fine


In Topic: Subal dome + Canon 5D

08 August 2008 - 11:43 AM

I second that. I use it all the time in the pool. Can't use the diopter though because I'm in and out of water, but I bet it helps.


Thanks for your quick replies
I checked Subal's home page
and they are writing this:

DP-FE2 + EXR50
(DP-SWB + EXR 40 -Full size chip)

so if I understand this : DP-FE2 + EXR50 should be for cropped cameras
and (DP-SWB + EXR 40 -Full size chip) for full-frame cameras

this makes me little puzzled that you can use DP-FE2 + EXR50 on a full-frame camera, or am I missing something here?