Hello, folks. We're trying to properly identify industry members here at Wetpixel. A lot of industry representatives are browsing these forums; thanksfully, most are careful about what they post because they want to avoid tacky self-promotion.
I'd like an explicit label for industry folk who care to identify themselves. We may enable industry-only features in the future, and it will be nice to have a group already formed.
So if you're an industry member, please leave a message here or send a message to one of the admins! Be sure to include your full name, so we don't just know you as a Wetpixel handle.
We're going to define industry members as:
1) you design, manufactur, or sell dive or photo gear
2) you work in a dive shop or are a dive instructor
3) you are a professional photographer (your own definition -- if you are unsure, please let us know what you have done and we'll make a decision for you)
4) you work at a publication in a dive or photo-related area
5) you are a marine biologist with interests in underwater photography
I'm sure I missed something here, so if you don't fit in any of the above categories and still want to be in the group, go ahead and inform us.
I am a Marine Science Illustrator with over 20 years experience. Completely new to this (or any) forum.