as I am in the market for an 5D MK II housing I consider Ikelite beneath others.
I had great results with Canons 17-40mm lens so far and consider it to be my WA choice.
When I read Ikelites port chart it states the #5503.51 BUT says also:
"Port is not long enough to accommodate accessory diopters or filters."
- Is a +2 Diopter needed to get acceptable corner sharpness?
- Is close up WA (Dr. Mustards TM) possible without a diopter?
- AFAIK the 17-40mmm has a rear filter holder, Magic Filter will be possible after all
- Is the Port #5503.51 a good choice or is the 8" Dome necessary?
I would love to see sample pictures of this setup on a full frame camera....
mexwellMember Since 27 May 2002
Offline Last Active Aug 19 2011 11:56 AM
- Group Member
- Active Posts 200
- Profile Views 2747
- Member Title Sting Ray
- Age 41 years old
- Birthday February 16, 1974
Haan (Duesseldorf) - Germany
Camera Model & Brand
Canon 300D - Digital Rebel
Strobe/Lighting Model & Brand
- Website URL http://