I'm looking into a video light that I can use with my GoPro and also integrate into my Aquatica 7D rig. I've narrowed it down to the Mini Wasp v. 2x FIT 2400 (or i-Torch Pro 6, but for now I'm thinking of these as basically interchangeable).
Link to the Wasp info, since it seems this is the lesser known option: http://www.edgedivet...m/miniwasp.html
I'm leaning towards the Wasp based on my needs. Here are the pros and cons I've considered.
In favor of Mini Wasp:
- fully adjustable knob for 1-100% (this is a big one for me, the ability to leave a light "off" at 1% then crank it up quickly with one twist to film means using it all day on one charge is much more realistic; I don't see myself fiddling with multiple button pushes on both lights every time I want to start recording with the FIT/iTorch, so realistically I'm recharging all the time between dives)
- slightly less expensive
- super-high build quality
- more even spread (or so I'm told)
- seems easier to integrate into my DSLR setup with strobes (e.g., centered over the housing, as opposed to having a video light and strobe on each arm)
- OLED display give battery life percentage
In favor of 2x FIT/iTorch
- higher lumen output (although the wider spread means the difference isn't as drastic, and I'm told the intensity drops off towards the edge more in these)
- smaller and lighter
- dual use as spot light (FIT)
Am I missing anything? Thoughts on which of these best suits my needs? Thanks in advance!