I tried Bulletproof. It is interesting, but is really designed more for workflow. It is pretty similar to Adobe Prelude, really focused on getting the clips off of the card, doing rough cuts, etc., It is not an asset manager or stock footage manager. I spoke with Red Giant about this to see if they had plans to move at all in the direction and it sounds like that is not what they are aiming Bulletproof for. I think I could make Bulletproof or Prelude work for me if they just had a few more "features"... like being able to rename or delete a clip, for example.
I am trying to use Lightroom for this purpose. True, it doesn't integrate with Premiere at all, but I think can work around that through Finder. I might even consider writing a plugin to help with that.
But... I am having an issue with Lightroom and video that is pretty much a showstopper for me right now. With a few videos, this does not happen, so when you do a quick test, all seems fine. But, when you have 50, or 100 videos in a view, and you start working going through them, one of Lightroom's helper processes (dynamiclinkmediaserver) goes crazy and starts using all of the available CPU on machine, i.e. I see it pegged at about 750% CPU utilization on my iMac i7. Of course when this happens, Lightroom can't play the video and becomes pretty much non-responsive. Sometimes if I wait long enough, it will finish whatever it was doing and I can keep working, but often times I have to kill the runaway process and restart Lightroom.
I think this might be limited to certain cameras, but I have seen it with 5DIII, GH3, 1DC, and 70D now. Note that it happens on both Windows and Mac, and I have found examples of people seeing it back to Lightroom 4.
I've opened a case # with Adobe about this, having fought my way through the various tech support people. As of yet, they have not really acknowledged the problem much less told me when it would be fixed. Lame, and frustrating.