I made up my mind to housed my d7k in ikelite.
Therefore i have few questions before i buy one.
This is my first upgrade from olyXZ1, and also my first dslr,
so please forgive my newbie-ness.
Any input would be much appreciated.
1) I bought a 60mm D macro + TC for a 2nd hand price. I searched the forum and i found out that there are people who use it with a 105mm port. Just to be sure, can it be done or is there some modification that i need to do?
2)If yes, can i also use the MF modular port/focus extension and will the manual focusing work?
3) I already owned a INON d2000. With my xz1, i only used it with a fiber optic cable. If i'm going to use it with the ike, should i still go for fiber optic or other alternative?
4) Is it worth it if i sell the d2000 and just go for an ike strobe lets say ds161/ds160?
5) One of the local dive shop is selling the zen dome for tokina10-17 at a high price. Im also interested in the Bluewater Precison 5" dome. Should i buy the high priced zen dome locally or order the lesser-priced precision dome by mail? Not to pick on both brands, but is there a difference between the two?
6) For the same price, should i go with SOLA photo 1200 or fisheye fix 1500 (..or is it fix fisheye1500). I kinda like the wired remote control on the fix. So does 300 lumens make a difference?
meme.may.fireMember Since 24 Oct 2010
Offline Last Active Mar 31 2013 12:23 AM
- Group Member
- Active Posts 82
- Profile Views 2055
- Member Title Moray Eel
- Age Age Unknown
- Birthday Birthday Unknown
Show Country Flag:
Camera Model & Brand
D7000, Oly XZ1
Ikelite , Pt50
Strobe/Lighting Model & Brand
Sola 800, LaLuz 800
- Website URL http://