Jump to content


zulu00

Member Since 20 Mar 2005
Offline Last Active Sep 01 2006 05:39 PM
-----

Posts I've Made

In Topic: Lights, strobes, and lighting technique

18 May 2005 - 10:18 PM

Thanks guys for the responses. I think I found the problem, I replaced the battery in the TTL gizmo. Tested in a darkened room and everything went well. The slave operated in every position, Full, 1/4 and 1/16 and the exposures are right on the money. The battery is supposed to be good for about 50 hours, I must have been playing around more than I thought. The batteries are cheap enough, so I will keep a supply on hand.

In Topic: Olympus C-5050 (PT-015) Nikonos SB-105 TTL mode

28 April 2005 - 06:45 PM

pilotjima, I used the Matthias Heinrich unit. I tried the setup he sends with the unit but it was a little rickety for me, it worked but was rickety, I glued the outer unit to the housing and it worked really great in the local YMCA pool, I am going to give it the "acid test" on Cayman Brac next weeek. The location of the outer unit is a little tricky but with the glue I used it sets up almost instantly therefore you have to locate the outer unit exactly before applying the glue. I call it glue for lack of another word but it actually unites the polycarbonates, molecularly so I am told. I am using two SB105 strobes, one TTL the other in slave mode, until I can find a reasonablely priced dual sync cord. If you would like more information or pics buzz me at supe67@yahoo.com. zulu00