Did the Aggressor II two years ago and it was spectacular. Boat was nice, but I wouldn't say any better than the Explorer Ventures boats I have been on. One bonus for Aggressor is the captain had been doing this itinerary for over 9 years -- he certainly knew the sites like the back of his hand.
One of the previous posters in this thread said Wolf and Darwin was much better than the rest of the diving, and they are standouts, but the rest of the diving was pretty spectacular too.
- Our first murky check out dive in the bay at Santa Cruz turned out to be fantastic because we were mobbed by playful sea lions. Welcome to the Galapagos!
- Cousins was a great dive for Seahorses and different varieties of Blennies and Sea Stars. Unique and different from other destinations
- One of the early dives at Bartolome was great for watching white tip sharks corraling smaller schools of fish
- Gordon Rocks was spectacular with schools of Mobula rays and Barracuda.
- Snorkeling with the penguins at Lands End was very cool.
- Lots of Eagle rays at Wolf for us
- Hammerhead highway at Darwin -- hundreds of them interspersed with Silky's and the occasional Galapagos shark.
The whole thing was pretty amazing. As I said, I'm not sure the boat would be any better or worse, but we went with Aggressor simply because they have the most experience in those waters of the larger companies.
in which month have you been there?