On a previous trip, we were last to board our connecting flight because they filled the plane from the front and the rear first By the time we were allowed to board they were forcing the last 20 passengers to surrender carry ons to be gate checked. Once we were on board there were some spots still available in the overhead bins Yep, we were totally - well you know.
I always have my camera, regs, gauges, and mask as carry on and it's not packed to be treated as checked luggage in the cargo hold. I don't consider these items as optional nor should they be tossed around by the baggage handlers.
Can anyone recommend a lightweight carry on size bag that is rugged enough to protect camera gear if this happens? I hate to lug a super heavy Pelican case, but will if I have to.
I see that the new lightweight polycarb spinners do not resist compression. They just don't break or tear when significantly compressed.
$300 Sea & Sea MotorMarine III amphibious 35mm film camera
• 20mm f3.8 Primary Lens makes it easy to focus
• LCD display panel is illuminated for night diving or dark water
• Two-point focusing: Takes the guesswork out of focusing
• Electronic Shutter Release
• TTL strobe bracketing function
• High-performance aperture-priority AE function
• 5-pin strobe connector N type adopted
• Target Light guarantees accurate framing
• Depth rating of 60m/200ft
• Includes WA view finder and dual arm tray
(2T and 3.5T macro wet lenses and dual sync cord available separately.)
Sea & Sea Dual Sync Cord is compatible with Nikonos V, The RS and Housed SLR systems and is for TTL flash photography. Allows the photographer to create more precise images with Through The Lens (TTL) Monitoring of light for Dual flash requirements.