Image: Zeus faber by Domy Tripodi
OceanLight | See What You Can’t See by Underwater Tribe
Wetpixel Moderator Mike Veitch and Luca Vaime have been shooting and testing the Sony A7s II camera underwater. As most people will be aware, this is a mirrorless full frame camera with an outstanding ISO capability. Mike and Luca deliberately pushed and stretched the camera’s ISO performance by diving very early in the morning, late in the afternoon and inside wrecks.
Report: SnotBot Sea of Cortez Expedition by Christian Miller
Article published on cookie cutter shark bites of whales
A new article published this month in PLOS ONE journal gives insight into the mysterious deep sea shark, the cookie cutter shark. The scientists, Peter Best and Theoni Photopoulou of the Centre for Statistics in Ecology at the University of Cape Town, South Africa, studied bite marks on whale carcasses for the study.
Stanford develops underwater robot
Engadget has published an article about OceanOne, a “humanoid diving robot” that has been developed by Stanford for use in research of coral reefs in the Red Sea. It has two “eyes” giving stereoscopic vision and a pair of dextrous manipulator arms. The latter are equipped with sensors that give the pilot feedback about the amount of force being applied.
Adobe updates Lightroom, Camera Raw and Lightroom Mobile
Behind the scenes of underwater shoot for chocolate milk
Chocolate milk has a brand new ad campaign called Built with Chocolate Milk that features medaled swimmers Jessica Hardy and Tyler Clarey in stunning black and white underwater images. The behind the scenes video of the ad campaign features underwater photographer Zena Holloway and a little insight on what it takes to get the shot.
Video: Wild Oceans coral feeding
The Earth Touch Wild Oceans channel has just shared some footage of coral feeding filmed by Stewart Whitfield. With the sound of the ocean in the background, the alternating feeding behavior of these creatures is a mesmerizing behavior to watch.
- Gray whale frolicking in surf at Redondo Beach pier (via )
- IUCN Ocean Photographer of the Year contest now open (via )
- Flickr is up for sale (via )
- 500px cuts royalty rate from 70% to 30% for non-exclusive photos (via )
- The rise and fall of Flickr (via )
- The internet votes to name arctic research ship Boaty McBoatface (via )
- Nikon updates ViewNX and Capture NX-D to 1.016.010 (via )
- NG photo of the day Small Fry (via )
- Lisa Michele Burns’ the World From the Water (via )
- Sea Shepherd launches operation driftnet (via )