INON Artists of the Month
Birmingham Festival 2003 Coverage
Wetpixel contributor Paul NG attends the Birmingham Image 2003 Festival at the National Exhibition Center (NEC) in Birmingham, England..
Nikon 10.5DX Fisheye
Thanks to our friends at Aquatica for sending in an image of the new Nikon 10.5DX fisheye lens. This is the first diagonal fisheye lens for use with digital SLR cameras.
Rolex Our World Underwater Scholarship
Those of you who are interested in educational activities associated with the underwater world and who are between 21 and 24 years of age (inclusive) should check out the Rolex Our World-Underwater Scholarship Society (OW-USS). The Rolex Scholarship offers a North American Rolex Scholarship ($20,000), a European Rolex Scholarship 15,000 Pound Sterling), and support for multiple internships during the 2004 calendar year.
Although the deadline on the promotional material says November 30, 2003, representatives at the Antibes Festival told us that the deadline has been extended. Get in touch with them soon!
Qualifications and more information can be found at: http://owuscholarship.org/
Wetpixel wins at Antibes!
Wetpixel.com has won one of the most prestigious awards in the underwater photograpy and videography community: the underwater web site of the year award at the Antibes Juan-Les-Pins 30th Festival Mondial de L’Image Sous-Marine (30th World Festival of Underwater Images). The awards ceremony last night here in the South of France was not unlike a small version of the Academy Awards, and the two-hour ceremony honored winners for underwater web sites, books, images, and films.
On behalf of Wetpixel.com, I’d like to share the Antibes 2003 award with all of you who make our site successful. This includes the small volunteer staff force who administer and moderate the site, the array of individual content contributors, the 1300+ active participants in the forum, and those of you who are just here to browse anonymously. Thank you!
- Eric Cheng, Editor and Administrator
Jim Chambers, Popular Photography Prize
HydroOptix MEGA -4.5d Mask
David Haas reviews the HydroOptix mask, a panoramic mask for underwater use.
Antibes Festival 2003 Coverage
Eric Cheng attends the Festival Mondial de L’Image Sous-Marine 2003, a festival in Antibes Juan- Les-Pins, France.
- Texas shark fin ban passes house and fizzles in senate (via )
- Researchers: Penguins sacrificed ability to fly for gift of… (via BBC)
- Nikon posts firmware updates for D300, D300S, D700 AND P7700… (via )
- Delaware bans shark fins (via )
- DxOMark tests lenses for the Nikon D600 (via )
- Think Tank Photo releases massive Logistics Manager 30 rolling… (via )
- Air Pacific/Fiji Air exposed as shark fin trafficker (via )
- Adobe releases Camera Raw release candidate 8.1 (via )
- Red Sea moon jelly gallery (via )
- John Kerry and Arctic Council to meet today (via )