LAUPS 42nd Photo Contest Results
UwP Mag Issue #21
Eric Cheng to speak at NCUPS on Friday
This is a quick note to inform you that I will be speaking at this Friday’s NCUPS meeting in Fort Mason (Room C-370) in San Francisco. I’ll be bringing some large lightjet prints made from Canon 1Ds and Canon D60 images, and will speak generally about the history of underwater digital imaging (from a consumer standpoint) and a bit on the additional workflow required to get digital images to print and on the web.
The talk starts at 8pm, but “social time” begins at 7:30pm.
Dome Theory and Sealux CD70 Review
Also, the May/June photo contest results are almost available. I apologize for the long delay! We’re now awaiting comments from our illustrious judges, after which I’ll announce the winners.
I think that’s enough news for the day.
Celebrate the Sea/Wetpixel Contest Winners
Gates ships Sony PC350 video housing
Gates is now shipping their new housing for Sony’s PC350 digital camcorder, which will also snap 3 megapixel still imgaes. The PC350 also features a “hybrid” LCD, which enables the viewer to frame and playback video even under high contrast conditions (or so the marketing literature states).
Interview with Manu San Felix
Inon Accessories for Sony MPK-PHB Housing
- 11 More pilot whales found dead in Florida Keys (via )
- Local Hawaiians killing Monk Seals (via )
- Review of the Nikon AW1 (via )
- December edition of DIVEMAG now available to download (via )
- Japanese super sub discovered off Hawaii (via )
- December issue of DIVE magazine available to download (via )
- Seahorse shape aids stealth hunting techniques (via BBC)
- Protecting underwater real estate for fish (via )
- NOAA and state shark fin bans (via )
- New marine conservation zones for UK (via BBC)