Wetpixel Whale Sharks 2019
Wetpixel has run trips down to Isla Mujeres, Mexico for the past 9 years, to document the amazing whale shark (Rhincodon typus) aggregation that occurs here between May and September.
It is true to say that witnessing and photographing or filming the incredible numbers of whale sharks that aggregate here should represent an aim on every underwater image maker’s “bucket list”. During our 2018 trips, we had days where there were around 200 sharks, along with mantas
There is a report from the 2018 trip showing how amazing this event is.
Like all Wetpixel trips, it is designed to be underwater imaging friendly, with boat timings specifically tweaked so that we can maximize the quietest times on the water when the sharks tend to be in a dense conglomeration. We are currently the only operator that specifically caters for the super-productive times before and after the majority of the boats arrive and depart from the area.
We have also select dates which our experience suggests are the times for the densest groupings of sharks.
Please note that these are snorkeling trips, and are hence open to divers and non-divers.
We stay in the Playa Media Luna, a comfortable and quiet hotel situated close to town and the jetties where we embark each day.
The hotel can supply a variety of accommodation options including suites, bungalows and a self-catering cottage.
For 2019, we plan to run two trips to Isla Mujeres for the whale sharks. Each trip will have one boat with only 6 guests and a group leader aboard.
The dates for 2019 are:
08/04/2019 to 08/10/2019 1 space left
08/10/2019 to 08/16/2019 3 spaces left
Each trip will feature 5 days on the water.
Each trip will be $2850.00 per person, which includes:
- Private boat charter (7:00am - 4:00pm for 5 days) with experienced captains. Boats have shade and plenty of space.
- Simple lunch on boat + non-alcoholic drinks.
- Shared golf cart rental to get around the island.
- Transfers to and from Cancun airport and Isla Mujeres ferry.
- 7 days 6 nights twin shared (6 nights: 1 day before to 1 day after) accommodation at Playa Media Luna. Single rooms, suites, bungalows and other accommodation options are available for a small supplement.
For all the above trips, a deposit of $1500 is due now.
Balances will be due on 06/14/2019
To book your places or for more information, please email Adam as soon as possible.