Bali’s Mount Agung erupts
It was reported 3 hours ago that, after months of increase seismic activity, Bali’s Mount Agung has erupted. Indonesia’s National Disaster Management Agency said the eruption remained small so far but the volcano was emitting a thick grey ash cloud blowing to the East and South-East. Bali’s Ngurah Rai International Airport remains open and alert levels have not been changed.
Mexico expands Revillagigedos Marine Park
Mexico has announced a significant expansion to the Revillagigedos Marine Park. This will cover 57,000 square miles (147,630 square Kilometers) around Socorro, Roca Partida, San Benedicto and Clarion islands. Previously, the area, named as a World Heritage Site in 2016, only had a small protected area that extended 6 miles (9.7 Km) off the coast of each island. (Image from Shutterstock)
Sony announces Imaging Edge app
TRT ships the o-TURTLE 45 TTL trigger for Olympus PT housings
TRT-Electronics has designed a new version of their TTL trigger for Olympus MILC cameras when housed in Olympus PT series housings. These have an angled space designed to accommodate Olympus strobes, which the new o-TURTLE mimics. The o-TURTLE 45’s performance is identical to that of the original o-TURTLE, bar that it has a smaller battery.
Update on Fiji Siren
Yesterday, Worldwide Dive and Sail (WWDS) announced that the Fiji Siren had been lost at sea during its current charter. As the organization has begun investigations into the incident, a statement was released today with more details about the circumstance. Again, Wetpixel is relieved to report that all crew and passengers are safe and unharmed.
Call for entries: UPY 2018
The 2018 Underwater Photographer of the Year (UPY) contest is open for entries. It offers 8 categories for entries captured in international waters, and 3 specific to images from the UK. The deadline for entries is 2 January 2018, with the winners being announced in early February 2018.
Adobe releases Lightroom Downloader app
Travel Guide: GALÁPAGOS is available for preorder
- Divers find shipwreck off coast of Maine (via )
- Camera battery explodes at Orlando airport (via )
- Kevin the manta is revealing new clues about manta rays (via )
- Canon updates EOS 6D Mark II firmware to 1.0.3 (via )
- Oysters can “hear” (via )
- Scrub GPS data from photos online to combat poachers (via )
- The unassuming crayfish and its path of devastation (via )
- Lightroom Classic CC 7.0.1 is now available to download (via )
- Lightroom 6.13 is available to download with D850 support (via )
- The NYTimes wants to hire a journalist to travel the world (via )