Underwater photo tips from surf photographer Sarah Lee
Professional underwater surf photographer Sarah Lee has posted an article with her top seven tips for underwater surf photography. Sarah was recently profiled by [SmugMug(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sSX-AJNMjE&feature=youtu.be) and featured in a video discussing her surf photography techniques and inspiration.
Sayang announces 14mm E mount lens
Samyang has announced their first autofocus lenses. One of these is a 14mm wide angle for Sony E mount full frame sensors. As Sony full frame cameras wide angle choices are limited, this is an interesting development. Full specifications and minimum focus distance are still to be announced however.
Issue 90 of UwP Magazine available
Issue 90 of Underwater Photography Magazine (UwP) is now available to download. It features articles about Gangga and Lochcarron, as well as NAD Lembeh. Phil Rudin reviews the Sony a7r II with the Ikelite a7r II housing and Vivid-Pix software. In addition, Mark Webster writes about the habits and biology of crustaceans in the coral triangle
Nauticam ships housing for EOS 1D X Mark II
Nauticam are shipping their housing for the Canon EOS 1D X Mark II. It offers full access to the camera’s multi controller, as well as “piano key” access to Quick Control and SET buttons. Customizable function can be operated from a lever, and there are additional levers for AF-On, Video Record/Live View, Info, and Playback. Nauticam has also announced a new TTL flash trigger for Canon.
Image: Zeus faber by Domy Tripodi
OceanLight | See What You Can’t See by Underwater Tribe
Wetpixel Moderator Mike Veitch and Luca Vaime have been shooting and testing the Sony A7s II camera underwater. As most people will be aware, this is a mirrorless full frame camera with an outstanding ISO capability. Mike and Luca deliberately pushed and stretched the camera’s ISO performance by diving very early in the morning, late in the afternoon and inside wrecks.
Report: SnotBot Sea of Cortez Expedition by Christian Miller
Article published on cookie cutter shark bites of whales
A new article published this month in PLOS ONE journal gives insight into the mysterious deep sea shark, the cookie cutter shark. The scientists, Peter Best and Theoni Photopoulou of the Centre for Statistics in Ecology at the University of Cape Town, South Africa, studied bite marks on whale carcasses for the study.
- New and Rare Creatures Discovered off NZ (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Nikon D600 and Nauticam NA-D600 Review (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Sony Updates Firmware for NEX Series (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Nauticam Announces Housing for Sony NEX 6 (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Indonesia: WWF's Lida Pet-Soede on Overfishing (via DivePhotoGuide)
- RIP Point-and-Shoots? (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Top 10 DPG Features from 2012 (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Sentencing of shark catcher welcomed (via African Diver)
- British Wildlife Photography Awards Now Open (via DivePhotoGuide)
- New York Underwater Photography Society Meeting: Adding Divers… (via DivePhotoGuide)