Stanford develops underwater robot
Engadget has published an article about OceanOne, a “humanoid diving robot” that has been developed by Stanford for use in research of coral reefs in the Red Sea. It has two “eyes” giving stereoscopic vision and a pair of dextrous manipulator arms. The latter are equipped with sensors that give the pilot feedback about the amount of force being applied.
Adobe updates Lightroom, Camera Raw and Lightroom Mobile
Behind the scenes of underwater shoot for chocolate milk
Chocolate milk has a brand new ad campaign called Built with Chocolate Milk that features medaled swimmers Jessica Hardy and Tyler Clarey in stunning black and white underwater images. The behind the scenes video of the ad campaign features underwater photographer Zena Holloway and a little insight on what it takes to get the shot.
Video: Wild Oceans coral feeding
The Earth Touch Wild Oceans channel has just shared some footage of coral feeding filmed by Stewart Whitfield. With the sound of the ocean in the background, the alternating feeding behavior of these creatures is a mesmerizing behavior to watch.
ON1 announces Photo RAW
ON1 has announced their new Photo RAW processor and photo editor. It is designed for use with high resolution images and fast computer graphics systems and has ON1 Browse integrated into it, giving the option of importing and rating images. Edits are non-destructive and are promised to be “in real-time, without slider lag or frustrating waits for redraw”.
Review: Seacam Remote Strobe Trigger
Wetpixel Editor Adam Hanlon reviews Seacam’s optical remote strobe trigger. Remote optical sensors provide additional practical and creative opportunities for both wide angle and macro shooting. The new optical trigger extends these to Seacam strobes equipped with an S6 bulkhead.
UPY images on display in Cape Town
The 2016 Underwater Photographer of the Year (UPY) image collection is going on tour! First stop will be in Cape Town, South Africa. In partnership with the South Africa’s National Sea Rescue Institute, the images will be displayed at the Chavonnes Battery Museum, Clock Tower, V&A Waterfront, from 1st May to 30th September.
Report: Wetpixel/Scubacam ADEX Imaging party
As promised, all the images from the infamous Wetpixel/Scubacam ADEX 2016 imaging party are now posted on the show report. If you weren’t there, check out the pictures to see what you missed out on and if you were there, be afraid, very afraid! Looking forward to the next one at ADEX 2017.
- Video of the Week: “Life of a Wave Photographer” (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Rumors: Post CP+ Show Speculation for Nikon and Canon DSLRs (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Video: Photographing Antarctic’s Leopard Seal (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Mobile Photography Awards Feature Stunning Pics (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Canon Announces Firmware Update for EOS 1D-C (via DivePhotoGuide)
- DPG Announces December Monthly Contest Winners (via DivePhotoGuide)
- In Photos: The Hammerhead (via DivePhotoGuide)
- First Signs of Life Discovered in Antarctica’s Lake Whillans (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Shark Man serious after crash (via African Diver)
- How do you give a polar bear a ‘medical’? (via BBC)