Adobe has released Photoshop and Premiere Elements 2019. Photoshop Elements is simplified and offers a new customisable home screen. Premiere Elements has a redesigned Quick Edit mode and support for VFR, HEIC and HEVC formats.
Photoshop and Premiere Elements are available now, priced at $99.99each or at $149.99 for a bundle including both. There is upgrade pricing available for registered users.
Premiere Elements 2019.
The 2019 release focuses on:
- streamlining the apps’ usability to get you up and running quickly
- discoverability enhancements so that you can get inspired, learn and uncover fun new projects to try out yourself and improved performance across the board.
- A home screen designed for you
The first thing you’ll notice when opening Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements 2019 is the brand-new Elements Home Screen that welcomes you every time you open the apps. The new Home Screen offers a personalized experience by surfacing info on what’s new since your last version of Elements and content suited to your level of expertise.
Auto creations, made just for you
Beautiful photo and video slideshows and collages are automatically created just for you highlighting memorable moments like birthdays and vacations and delivered upon launch in the Home Screen. It’s all thanks to photo and video automation powered by Adobe Sensei AI technology.
Beyond the Home Screen, there are a number of exciting new features and enhancements across Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements 2019 to help you create stunning photo creations, videos, and movies so that you can then quickly share your memories in print, DVDs, the web and across your social media channels.
So, let’s dig in to what’s new and enhanced.
Redesigned photo collages
In this release we’ve redesigned your photo collage creation experience so that you can create collages with fewer clicks and quickly choose from stylish new templates that look great as Instagram posts and more. You also have the ability to customize your photo collages by adding frames and changing up backgrounds for the perfect finishing touch.
Photoshop Elements 2019 is introducing four all-new Guided Edits, bringing the total to 53 step-by-step photo editing guides to help you quickly edit and create.
- Create amazing multi-photo text: Now you can design visual text that features a different photo inside each letter to make words or names that look great as wall art, invitation cards or scrapbook pages.
- Make fun memes: This Guided Edit walks you through the process of typing in text, adding filters, borders and more to turn your photos into memes that are perfect for sharing on social media.
- Turn part of your photo into a sketch: Make a unique artistic statement by turning part of a favorite photo into a sketch by brushing on the medium of your choice, including colored pencil, old paper, or an aged photo look.
- Add polish with text and border overlays: This new Guided Edit teaches you how to embellish photos with borders and text that make them stand out – whether you plan to print it out or post it online to social media.
Enjoy better performance and HEIF support
The team worked hard to improve your experience with Photoshop Elements, and you’ll notice it right off the bat with a faster download and installation process and improved performance throughout common photo editing tasks. We’ve also added support for importing and editing HEIF images on macOS.
Redesigned Quick Edit mode
Creating your movies is now easier than ever with our completely redesigned Quick Edit mode. The new, user-friendly, editing interface presents you with two options:
- Smart Trim, which automatically finds your best footage and walks you through a series of steps for trimming a video.
- A simplified Sceneline for combining clips, photos, titles, music and more into a unique production that you can then share on DVD, the web or social media.
Premiere Elements 2019 is introducing two all-new Guided Edits, bringing the total to 20 step-by-step video editing guides in Premiere Elements that help you get started.
- Make glass pane effects: This Guided Edit helps you make the action in your scene appear like its taking place behind the glass. You’ll learn how to add a video overlay to create this sleek look.
- Create Luma fade transitions: Add a professional looking dramatic scene transition, which walks you through the process of fading in the colors from darkest to lightest in your video creations.
Enjoy better performance plus VFR, HEIC and HEVC support
Just like in Photoshop Elements, you’ll experience the same faster download and installation process and improved performance on common video editing tasks. We’ve also added support for variable frame rate (VFR), import and editing of HEIF images on macOS and HEVC video on macOS 10.13 and above.
For a complete list of what’s new and improved, please visit the Photoshop Elements 2019 and Premiere Elements 2019 features pages. Be sure to check out project tutorials for Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements as well, and follow us on Facebook and Instagram.
We hope you’re as excited about this release as we are. Enjoy!