Adobe has just released a major update to the Creative Cloud. Creative Cloud 2015 includes significant new features in Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC. The previously trailed Dehaze slider has been added to Lightroom along with localized white and black slider adjustments, while Photoshop gets performance improvements to healing brush and patch tools as well as to Content Aware Move and Extend functions. Both Lightroom Mobile and Photoshop Mix have also seen significant updates. Controversially, the new functionality in Lightroom CC will not be added to Lightroom 6.
Adobe have also rebranded the ability to sync images and changes across devices and app as CreativeSync. For subscribers, the apps will automatically update via the Creative cloud app.
Adobe Creative Cloud 2015 Release
What’s New – Photography Highlights
With Adobe’s Creative Cloud 2015 release, you’ll enjoy big improvements across the entire family of 15 CC desktop apps. The world’s best creative apps have been re-imagined to make the act of creating more efficient and flexible by working seamlessly across desktop and mobile devices.
Here’s what it means for photography:
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC 2015.1
- Easily adjust haze — In Lightroom CC on your desktop, the new Dehaze feature lets you use a single slider to control the amount of atmospheric haze in your photos. Remove excess haze to recover color and contrast, or add haze to create an artistic effect.
- Adjust white and black levels in a snap — Get more precise control over the brightest and darkest parts of your photos when making local adjustments in Lightroom CC on your desktop. White and black sliders are now available in the graduated filter, radial filter and adjustment brush.
- Move photos from Photoshop Elements to Lightroom — Transferring your photos from Photoshop Elements to Lightroom on your desktop is easier than ever. Information from your Elements catalogs, including photo ratings and people tags, stay preserved in Lightroom.
Adobe Lightroom on your mobile device
- Video on the go — Add, view, and share videos in your collections from your iPad or iPhone; sync to Lightroom CC.
- Bring out the best with vignettes — Use adjustable vignettes on your iPad or iPhone to make your photos stand out.
- Color control on the go — Get precise control over color with the new Color/B&W adjustment tool on your iPad or iPhone.
- Just the right tone — Precisely control the tone of your photos using the new Tone Curve adjustment tool on your iPad or iPhone.
Photoshop CC 2015
- Get more realistic blurs with additive noise — Add monochromatic or color noise to your Blur Gallery effects to better match your original image — and to reduce banding when viewing and printing.
- Heal and patch images faster than ever — The Healing Brush, Spot Healing Brush, and Patch tools have been turbocharged with Mercury Graphics Engine enhancements. See your Healing Brush results in real time, and get Spot Healing Brush and Patch Tool results that are up to 120X faster than they were in CS6.
- Move and extend objects with more control — Adjust the scale and rotation of the object you’re moving or the area you’re extending thanks to Content-Aware Move and Content-Aware Extend improvements. Precisely position your final object to match the scale and position of your image using Transform on Drop.
- Better panoramas with Content-Aware Fill — Check one box to have Content-Aware Fill automatically fill in the edges of your stitched panoramas.
- Adobe Camera Raw 9.1 enhancements — Remove or add atmospheric haze to your photos and get more precise control over white and black levels when making local adjustments.
- Now available for Android phones.
- Creative Cloud Libraries integration — Import your saved assets from and export to Creative Cloud Libraries; pull Photoshop documents (including layers and masks) into Photoshop Mix for editing on-the-go.
- Send to Lightroom — On your iPad or iPhone, add Mix creations to your Lightroom collections to organize, edit, enhance and share incredible images, anytime, anywhere. (Now with the ability to pull to save your creations to Lightroom).
- New editing capabilities — Work more easily with your photos with the ability to control opacity and flip them.
- Crop with ease — Auto Crop makes it easy to crop your shots using common sizes and ratios, including square, 4x6 and 3x5. (Previously only on iPad version).
- Shake Reduction — Have a blurry photo? Don’t delete it. Automatically reduce image blurring caused by camera motion. (Now available for iPhone).