Fantasea has released version two of their housing for the Sony a6500 and a6300 mirrorless cameras. The new model has the addition of Fantasea’s Hybrid Vacuum Safety System. This is both is a pre-dive vacuum check and a during dive leak detector. In common with the previous version, it uses the FML port system, has an M16 accessory port along with two fiber optic connections.
The FA6500 version two is shipping now, priced at $1,189.95 .
FANTASEA LINE INTRODUCES FA6500 V2 HOUSING for SONY a6500 and a6300
Fantasea proudly introduces the rugged and stylish FA6500 V2 Housing for the Sony a6500 and a6300 mirrorless cameras.
The FA6500 V2 replaces the original FA6500 as Fantasea’s housing solution for Sony a6500 and a6300 cameras. The difference between the two housing versions is the addition of the Fantasea Hybrid Vacuum Safety System as an integral part of the FA6500 V2 Housing.
The housing is now taking orders!
ABOUT THE FA6500 V2 HOUSING
The Fantasea FA6500 V2 Housing was designed and manufactured specifically for the Sony a6500 and a6300 cameras.
The FA6500 V2 features the Fantasea Hybrid Vacuum Safety System, which includes both a pre-dive vacuum check and an on-dive leak detector. The system allows confirming the watertight seal of the housing prior to the dive using the vacuum system and monitoring the housing seal during the dive using the moisture detector.
The FA6500 V2 also features an ergonomic design with access to all essential camera functions. It offers the highest professional standards of functionality, style and durability.
An FML interchangeable lens port system allows using a wide range of lenses underwater. A standard M16 port (in addition to the Vacuum valve) allows for optional connectors and accessories to be installed on the housing, including HDMI or electronic strobe triggering bulkheads.
Depth rated to 60m/200 feet, the Fantasea FA6500 is the ultimate waterproof home for the Sony a6500 and a6300 cameras.
The FA6500 V2 is ideal for outdoor and underwater photography. Underwater photographers can dive or snorkel and capture all the excitement of this fascinating world, while outdoor photographers also have the option of capturing the action of activities such as white water paddle sports, sailing, boating, surfing, fishing, hunting, backpacking and camping.
The FA6500 V2 is shock resistant and protects the camera from water, sand, dust, frost, impact, as well as other damaging elements and harmful occurrences.
The FA6500 V2 Housing was designed to be compatible with a complete accessory system, enabling photographers to enhance the quality of their images.
The FA6500 V2 Housing is supplied as a6500-camera-compatible along with an a6300 conversion kit, which includes several parts and housing conversion instructions.If needed, this conversion can also be carried out by an authorized Fantasea dealer or a Fantasea service center.
- Hybrid Vacuum Safety System included
- Moisture Detector and Alarm
- Double O-ring protection for a perfect watertight seal
- Depth rated to 60m/200 feet
- Made from durable injection molded Polycarbonate
- Access to all essential camera controls and functions with clearly labeled controls
- Shock resistant
- Additional M16 port for a variety of connections, including HDMI or electronic strobe triggering bulkheads
- Special cold-shoe mount for lighting accessories
- Double fiber optic cable port
- Removable anti-glare hood for the LCD screen
- Easy and secure installation of camera
- Protective housing body cap
- Extended shutter release included for easy access when using housing tray and handles
- Interchangeable lens port and lens gear accessories are available, allowing for the use of a wide range of lenses
- Additional optional housing accessories are available
- Weight (without camera and lens port on land): 980g / 34.5 oz
- Weight (with camera and FML Flat Port on land): 1,645g / 58 oz
- Dimensions (without accessories): 20.5 x 14.5 x 15.5 cm \ 8 x 5.7 x 6.1 inch (W x D x H)
- Manufacturer’s warranty