Gates Underwater Products has announced an upgrade path for owners of DEEP EPIC and DEEP DRAGON housings. Once upgraded, they will be compatible with all EPIC models, including both WEAPON and RAVEN. Both Gates’s RED external monitor housing are supported and it has been confirmed that WEAPON will allow tethered REDMOTE support, allowing for full menu access via the remote in the housing.
The upgrade price is to be confirmed, please contact Gates for more details and availability.
DEEP WEAPON Upgrade
Underwater professionals have come to rely on Gates established, proven workhorse rigs DEEP EPIC and DEEP DRAGON. Continuing that tradition, both are upgradeable to DEEP WEAPON. A la “Obsolescence Obsolete’, the DEEP WEAPON upgrade protects your investment. You are not forced to buy an entirely new housing and accessories.
DEEP WEAPON Details:
- Your DEEP EPIC or DEEP DRAGON can be upgraded to DEEP WEAPON.
- Once upgraded, DEEP WEAPON will be backward compatible with all Epic camera models. Scarlet, EPIC, DRAGON, WEAPON…..and….wait for it…. the newly announced RAVEN.
- Your DEEP EPIC or DEEP DRAGON accessories are usable with DEEP WEAPON.
- Both External Monitor Housings RP5 (for the RED Pro 5” LCD) and RT7 (for the RED Touch 7” LCD) are compatible. Upgrading from the RP5 to the RT7 is easy: remove one and install the other. They are directly swappable.
- REDMOTE: This is official: WEAPON will have tethered REDMOTE support. That’s right: the REDMOTE Controller on your housing provides full camera menu access to WEAPON DRAGON.
RED Digital Cinema rises to the occasion for their customer base and – in particular – the underwater community.
DEEP WEAPON is the most flexible, adaptable underwater system for the RED EPIC family of cameras. Over 200 lenses supported. Accessories for every application, and custom modifications on request.
And of course, DEEP WEAPON IS a GATES: Bulletproof. 2 year warranty. Legendary support.
We have an upgrade list started. Contact Pamela or me to get in the queue. Final upgrade price to be announced.