Ikelite has announced a new housing for the Canon G7X Mark III compact camera. The ABS-PC housing has an extendable shutter release, a glass lens port with an M67 thread and dual fiber optic ports. Ikelite has confirmed that the new camera will not fit in their existing housings.
The Ikelite housing for the Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark III will ship this month, priced at $549.
Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark III Underwater Housing Compatibility Update
After a long three year wait, the Canon PowerShot G7X Mark III was announced in July 2019 and came to market in the US in late August. The Canon G7 X series has been a long favorite for underwater photographers due to its compact size, fast lens, and manual exposure modes.
The new Underwater Housing for Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark III # 6146.09 will start shipping in early September 2019. Changes in the physical design of the camera prevent the new camera from being used in or adapted to housings for older Canon G7 X series cameras.
Underwater Housing Features
- 200ft (60m) depth rating
- Extendable shutter release lever
- Glass lens port with 67mm threads for direct attachment of wide-angle and macro accessories
- ABS-PC construction is corrosion-proof and lighter than aluminum
- Clear view removable back with laser engraved control markings
- Ergonomic, field serviceable direct-drive controls with premium soft-touch knobs
- Dual fiber-optic ports for strobe triggering
- 1/2-20 accessory port for optional vacuum valve
- Made in the USA
There is a slight dimensional difference which affects the ability to use the Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark III camera in existing housings designed for use with the older Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II.