Nauticam is shipping their MWL-1 conversion lens. This water contact lens is designed to offer a 150° field of view when used with a 60mm macro lens on a full frame camera. It can focus from the lens’ front element to infinity and can be attached via either an M67 flip mount or a bayonet fitting to a flat macro port.
The MWL-1 is shipping now, priced at $1,850.
Fisheye Conversion Lens for 60mm (FF Equivalent) Macro Lenses
The Nauticam MWL-1 is a revolutionary concept! It is a wet-mounted ultra wide lens (meaning it can be attached and removed underwater) designed to be used with a 60mm full-frame equivalent macro lens that results in an ultra-wide 150º field of view. The MWL-1 can focus from the lens’ front element to infinity. Ultra wide angle and macro perspectives are now available on the same dive — even with full frame DSLR systems.
Unlock a Different Perspective
Use the unique MWL-1 wet lens to either capture wide angle scenics on a macro dive or to capture impactful close focus wide angle images of macro subjects.
More images from MWL-1 are available here on our blog.
The MWL-1 can be mounted to supported M67 threaded ports using the Nauticam Bayonet Mounting System or with either a single or dual flip mount.
- Outer Diameter x Length: 108 mm x 120 mm
- Weight (air / water): 1.20kg / 0.58kg
- Body construction: Hard-anodized Aluminum Alloy
- Lens construction: 7 elements in 5 groups (one aspherical element)
- Lens coatings: Both side anti-reflective coating
- Focal distance: From front element of lens to infinity
- Field of view (underwater): 150° (FF. 60mm equiv.)
- Mount system: Nauticam Bayonet Mount or M67
- Depth rating: 100m
Model Number: 86201
Retail Price (USD): $1,850
What’s In The Box?
- Neoprene Cover
- M67 to Bayonet Mount Converter (83213)
- Rear Lens Cap for MWL-1/WWL-1 (83221)
- Bayonet Mounting Ring for MWL-1
- Front Cover for Bayonet Mounting Ring
- Carrying Bag and Cleaning Cloth
- M67 Flip Holder for MWL-1 (86221)
- Double Flip Holder for MWL-1 (86222)
- Bayonet Mount Holder for SMC/CMC (83214)
- Bayonet Mount Lens Holder for Arms (83222)
- Bayonet Mount Double Lens Holder for Arms (83223)
- Bayonet Mount Holder for Inon Float Arms (83227)
The MWL-1 achieves optimal results at higher apertures (F16 and higher) on Full Frame Nikon AF-S Micro NIKKOR 60mm f/2.8G ED and APS-C Nikon AF-S Micro NIKKOR 40mm f/2.8G DX lenses.
For the full range of compatible lenses and ports please consult the Port Chart.
More information is available from Nauticam.
Nauticam is the world’s leading manufacturer of innovative and ergonomic imaging solutions. Founded in 2009 by Edward Lai, an underwater photographer with two decades of experience making precision injection molds, Nauticam has continued to raise the bar with every new model release. Nauticam’s goal is to provide the absolute best user experience possible. Dealer inquiries are welcome!