TRT-Electronics releases the Turtle TTL strobe trigger
TTRT-Electronics has launched the Turtle TTL strobe trigger. According to the manufacturer it is the world’s smallest hotshoe mounted full-featured TTL rechargeable electronic strobe trigger. It is available for Nikon and Canon camera and adds the option of rear curtain sync to older Canon models.
It is available to pre-order now, priced at €599. For specific camera and strobe compatibility, please contact the manufacturer or your local housing dealer.
Optical & Wire TTL-Converter for underwater photo housings
TRT-Electronics proudly introduce our new products:
This adapter working with all Canon and Nikon DSLR cameras.
We have tested the Turtle with these bodies:
- Canon 5D, 5DMKii, 5DMKiii, 6D, 7D, 7D mkII, 600D, 650D.
- Nikon D200,D300,D5300,D7100,D7200,D500, D4,D5.
It has been tested in electrical triggering mode with Sea&Sea YS-D1, YS-D2, YS-250, IKELITE DS series, Inon Z240 typeS 3 and 4 as well as the Inon Z 220. We have also tested it to trigger optically (with the included LEDBOARD) with YS-D1, YS-D2 and Inon Z240.
You can easily set Turtle to communicate with your underwater strobes: just use the DIP switch on the bottom of the device (4 options cover 5 strobe brands)
The Turtle is powered by its own on-board rechargeable battery: Forget the need for another extra batter as the TRTTL has it’s own inside it’s sleek package. All you need is the USB charger or anything with a USB port to charge it to full power, and it only takes an hour.
And last but not least, maybe the best function for Canon users. The Turtle allows for rear curtain sync, even with legacy Canon models that did not have this feature built in.
- Compatible cameras: All Nikon (blue) or all Canon (red) DSLR cameras .
- Size: The world’s smallest TTL controller for Canon and Nikon cameras. 41 mm long, 29 mm wide and 14 mm high. (You can check it from 3D pdf on the website).
- Compatible underwater strobes with LEDBOARD (Optical sync): Inon Z-240 , Sea&Sea YS-D1, YS-D2 with multicore cables.
- Compatible underwater strobes with wired connection: Inon Z-240 , Sea&Sea YS-D1, YS-D2, YS250 , IKELITE series.
- TTL outputs: 2 optical LEDs, 2 electric wire connectors with LEDBOARD
- Switching is automatic, but there is a main on/off switch for travel.
- Battery capacity : TRTTL is juiced up to handle 2,000 images on a single charge. It arrives bundled with a charger that allows a full recharge within 1 hour …
- It’s all up to you: switch between 1st or 2nd curtain mode for perfect rendering of motion. Also, sometimes you need flash power correction: not a problem, TRTTL handles this as well…
- No more overheating problem with built in flash.
- No more included battery capacity problem with the body.
- Continous shooting is available.
- Full scale power with optical sync in TTL (Not possible with built in flash).
Easy installation into underwater housing. You have 2 possibilities to use.
What is in the box….
- Turtle TRTTL adapter
- USB Charger
- Turtle BOARD
- LED BOARD
- User manual (English, German version).
For more information, please email or visit our website. If you have support queries, please email our support site.