Seacam has announced their new housing for the Sony A7 II R/S mirrorless camera. The housing is the first of the company’s compact range of housings for mirrorless cameras. It features full compatibility with Seacam’s port system, as well as electronic strobe triggering with the option of an optical trigger with dual fiber connection.
The Seacam Sony A II R/S housing is shipping now.
SEACAM compact SONY A7II
With the new SEACAM compact series, we are expanding our range to housings for mirrorless cameras. The SEACAM compact SONY A7II housing is extremely small, lightweight, fully equipped and comes in our innovative SEACAM silver design.
- The SEACAM compact for the SONY A7II sets new standards in design and ergonomics. Due to the special construction, the mounting of the camera is especially easy.
- The housing is milled out of a saltwater-proof light metal alloy twice hardened and high-value anodized.
- Special longevity is achieved through use of materials of only the best quality: stainless steel, anodized aluminum, premium synthetics as well as Helicoil threads.
- Double sealing with seamless, high-quality precision O-rings protects all shafts and press buttons. The main O-ring is of a particularly strong dimension.
- The titanium SAFETY LOCK fastening system safely secures both housing shells.
- The easy mounting system and the double O-ring sealing particularly secures the SEACAM front port connection with its bayonet thread.
Turning knobs and control levers
Main switch, shutter, front and rear dial, mode, C1, AF/AEL select, manual focus or zoom, lens release.
Menu, play, video start, C3, C4, multi selector up/right, set.
- Viewfinder display 30° tilted with integrated sunshade.
- 2 flash sockets N5 or S6, 2 flash arm tees 25mm, tripod thread 3/8”, M8 thread on the housing roof, 2 removable handles and optic-acoustical water alarm.
- Optical trigger and dual fiber connection, vacuum test optional.
- Spare O-ring set, lubricant, hex-wrench set and locking strap in neoprene bag; protection caps and instruction manual.
(W x H x D): 250 x 150 x 120 mm excluding port, viewfinder and handles.
Weight: 1600g excluding port and viewfinder, neutral under water depending on port and viewfinder.
Operation depth: 80m