The Women Divers Hall of Fame (WDHOF) will add 6 new members in 2021. Huge congratulations to Patricia Beddows, Denise Herzing, Christy Pattengill-Semmens, Dení Ramírez Macías and Allison Vitsky Sallmon. The Wetpixel community will likely recognize Allison’s name. She is an accomplished photographer, author, long-time Wetpixel member and founder of Dive into the Pink, which, among other activities, hosts the annual Into the Pink contest.
The charity leverages the diving community to fund cancer research and patient support.
The Women Divers Hall of Fame to Welcome Six New Members in 2021
Dedicated to recognizing and honoring the contributions of women divers, the Women Divers Hall of FameTM (WDHOF) is an international non-profit professional honor society whose member contributions span a wide variety of fields including: The Arts, Science, Medicine, Sports, Exploration, Underwater Archaeology, Media, Service, Dive Training and Education, Safety, Business, Marine Environment and Conservation, Free Diving, Commercial Diving, and Military Diving.
The Hall is proud to announce the selection of six new Members who will constitute the Class of 2021:
* Patricia Beddows, Ph.D. – Illinois, USA - Karst and Cave Geoscientist, Instrument Developer, Environmental Monitoring
* Denise Herzing, Ph.D. – Florida, USA Dolphin Researcher, Marine Biologist, Author
* Christy Pattengill-Semmens, Ph.D. – California, USA Marine Biologist, Citizen Science Innovator, Marine Life Identification Educator
* Dení Ramírez Macías, Ph.D. – BCS, Mexico Conservation Biologist, Whale Shark and Giant Manta Researcher
* Allison Vitsky Sallmon, D.V.M. – California, USA Nonprofit Founder, Underwater Photographer, Writer
WDHOF, a 501(c)(3) corporation, was founded in 2000. WDHOF’s mission is to recognize the contributions of outstanding women divers and to offer financial assistance and mentorship to individuals interested in pursuing diving careers. As such, WDHOF offers numerous scholarships and training grants each year. For more information about or to contribute to the WDHOF scholarship program, please see www.wdhof.org/scholarships.