I have a problem and unfortunately I have only myself to blaim, but I hope that one of You could offer some advice :-)
I have JUST recieved my beautiful Hugyfot for the Canon 5dmkII that i bought through Fotografit/Lars Kirkegaard here in Denmark.
In my ignorance when ordering the housing I took a short look at my Ikelite strobes and my Y-sync cable and identified their ends as S-6 pin Subtronic connections (could i be more wrong?)...
Now I can see, that I was quite mistaken (picture me banging my head against the wall!...) - Aaaargh! As I understand the Ikelite connectors are quite proprietary - right?
I also got the Heinrich Weinkamp ttl converter for the Canon and Ikelites - that should still be ok, if I can find a way to connect my strobes, although I'm not sure how the TTL converter is connected to the bulkhead - the S-6 has 6 pins and I only need 5 on the Ikelite ICS.
What's the best route from here?
- Replace the bulkhead (I'm not sure Hugy provides Ikelite bulkheads - I haven't seen any...)
- Get an Ikelite bulkhead and install it in the Hugy (BIG operation = not wanted)
- Find (if possible) a S-6 to two Ikelite ICS strobes cable (highly unlikely that anyone makes this)
- Buy a Subtronic sync cable and walk the DYI way and split my existing cable together with this on
- Some completely different way
Kindest Regards Mikkel Noe