Jump to content

hoovermd

Member
  • Content Count

    273
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About hoovermd

  • Rank
    Sting Ray

Contact Methods

  • Website URL
    http://
  • ICQ
    0

Additional Info

  • Camera Model & Brand
    Canon 5D
  • Camera Housing
    UK-Germany
  • Strobe/Lighting Model & Brand
    Dual Ike SS200
  1. I'm an It Professional and a bit of a gadget freak, so have to say what a nice unit this is!! What a sweeeet device the Colorspace UDMA Card Reader is! So freakin' fast! and it rune almost forever on a single AA Li/Ion battery. I went 2 weeks without recharging and this little nugget didn't have a single glitch! Kudos to the Hyperdrive folks!
  2. Funny. I made some stickers stating: "Caution: Fragile Sewage Monitoring Equipment...Handle with Care" The wife made me strip them off the Pelican 1650 cases....
  3. That is exactly what I would do... this looks like a sweet device. Too bad no FW800 ;( The nice thing about this unit is that it functions as a backup card reader as well as a drive. Just ordered the 500Gb unit! I also am curious about their Mac External battery....
  4. What is the current wisdom on external devices for storing RAW images separate from a computer? I'm needing a second storage method (I already have a external FW drive) as a backup for my data storage. I usually like to store my images on three separate devices while on a trip and am thinking about one of those devices that doesn't require a computer but can load my Canon RAW files from the CF card without a computer while oo a trip with limited access to power... I think i need a 500Gb size or so.
  5. I'm giving up UW photography and moving on to more terrestrial pursuits. Would really like to delete my WP account since I'll not be using it any longer. Is this possible to do on a self-service basis or is it a moderator only function?
  6. I use standard "real" locks. If you ask/wait for TSA and offer to unlock the bag upon request 80% of the time I never have to open them. The other 20% of the time I am quite happy to explain what they found and politely ask them to put it back carefully and away we go! I have started packing a single small Pelican with all my batteries and this seems to help the other bags sail thru... Helps keep the larger bags under the weight max also.
  7. Habitat Curacao was pleasant. Easy diving too. 24 x 7 My only complaint is all the smoking that the staff does (in the dive shop too). The dive briefing schedule/requirement basically blows the AM on day 1 though.
  8. I'm an IT professional - I LOVE saying that Kind of like being an internationally renowned embezzler At any rate... I trust no one technology. My photo data is backed up to a mirrored set of hard drives using Apple's Time Machine, to another disk using Carbon Copy and to an LTO2 tape using Retrospect. Once a month a tape goes to the bank safe deposit box and once a year a hard drive goes there too. Call me paranoid but....
  9. I remember when I SWORE I would never purchase a multi-function printer/scanner/fax.... Guess what I own now?
  10. New price: The price for the UK Housing with misc bits and bobs is $1,700 I have posted a separate entry for the flash.
  11. I've used good ol' neoprene cement. Done right, it is stronger than the material. I tore a hole in my 7MM gold core arm pulling it on and cement worked great! I've also used it to make neoprene covers for equipment. We re also fortunate here in SoCal to have a population of cheap surfers so we have folks that will do more major repairs quite reasonably. My wife's favorite Henderson vest ended up with a split seam and for about $10-$20 we got it all fixed up.
  12. I was never able to get sharp corners on my 14mm. Actually bought the original Canon 16-35 as a replacement. were you using a diopter of some sort??
  13. I liked my 16-35 in the UK-Germany housing. I was previously shooting the 14mm and could never get acceptable sharpness in the corners.
×
×
  • Create New...