I was considering underwater photography / videography for a long time, but now I am ready to take the plunge as I found a really nice niche - underwater fluorography:
For those unfimilar, here are some examples:
https://vimeo.com/107252204 + https://vimeo.com/103921506
As you guys a light year ahead of me, I am turning to you with some questions. Please consider following while writing answers:
- I've made the decision to buy Panasonic GH5s with Ikelite housing.
- I want to shoot at 10bit so I have more leeway for color correcting.
- I do not budget for an underwater recorder that would allow me to shoot 60fps at C4K 10bit 4:2:2
- I am shooting in cold (and later in the year greenish) water in DK, only at night and with no natural light.
- I will be shooting macro/semi macro without a tripod most of the time.
1) Does it make sense to shoot Vlog to get the most leeway for color correction, presumably needed for this kind of project?
2) How much leeway and dynamic range I'd lose by switching C4K 4:2:2 10bit to C4K 4:2:0 8bit to get the option to shoot 60fps for cinematic slow-mo? Is not 60 fps full HD with preserving 4:2:2 10bit be a better idea?
3) How far can I get only with Oly 60mm macro lens? How far and large objects I will be able to shoot with it?
Your answers and any suggestions/remarks that come to mind are most welcome