Greeting All, it has been a while since I have posted since the week before our Nekton trip to the Bahamas my computer crashed and burned. To make this short, I ordered a new one from the office at Nekton 2 hours before boarding the vessel for a week-long trip. The nice person from "Texas" :D assured me that it would be delivered to the same office when we returned as our flight back to Cayman was the next day. All of that worked out and I am posting this from my new pc.

OK...lets get on with it. My wife is the most patient buddy I could have ever wished for. Since I take my camera on every dive, she helps me look for subject material and seems to enjoy the dives but needs something more than watching me shoot. Katie enjoys her u/w mp3 player and has developed a crowd of "groopies" that seem to enjoy her music too.

On the Nekton trip, one of the divers on board offered his video camera set up to Katie to take on a dive. Since majoring in media in college, she was a natural to it....like a fish to water! The first video Katie shot was great. Even though the conditions were not very good, her footage was clean, steady, etc. like she had been shooting u/w video for years. Now comes the Santa part....

Dear Santa....I have been very pleased with my L&M Titan for my D100 that you brought last year, and the lenses I have purchased over the past have really helped my photos. Now, if you could bring a video camera and housing and lights and lenses and whatever other kit my wife needs, I promised that I have been good all year....Since I have no clue when it comes to video, can you recommend something for us? I have just now started reading the video forum on wetpixel.com and there are so many talented shooters out there that they may want to post ideas too! We are looking into a used kit here on island next week, anything to look for aside from obvious signs of neglect or abuse?

My wife Katie is small and can tell you that my current still set-up is a bit big for her...the kit we tried in the Bahamas was compact and easy for her to manage and get decent results with.... I can already tell that I will be following her around instead of the opposite...Payback time Johnnie!!! Oh hell, same day- same ocean buddy system may be the case from here on out....

Seriously, if anyone has any thoughts on where to go with this, please advise...the new Sony HDV would look nice under our tree with a big red bow on it!!

Aurabest,

john

p.s. some pix from the bahamas trip can be found here:

http://www.pixeldivers.com/bahamas

Yea, you might look into the new small Sony HD, the others are the size of a small tree...

Not sure if anyone has one underwater yet though to give any details about it. But looks like it will be well supported.

Check out Drew's review here on the video forum of the new stuff from Dema

Thanks for that Mike! It looks like we will have a ton of options to sort out! Great post by Drew on it, we will keep up our research....btw, a great post by you on the magic filter! your comprehensive review will help me shoot with mine with a little more confidence! Thanks Mike, keep up the good work!!

Aurabest,

john

John,

I really like that first spotted dolphon pic where he is peering into the camera. Very nice shot. I am jealous!! :D

Joe

Sponsors

Advertisements