Sign in to follow this  
clintroberts

Dumb Question: SLR using LCD

Only the viewfinder. You can review on the LCD after the shot.

I doubt there are any DSLRs where you can use the LCD to compose the pic. SLRs use a mirror to move the image from the lens to the viewfinder. Presumably it would be feasible to move the image to an LCD somewhere en route. But then you would be losing much of the point of an SLR: what the lens sees, you see directly and in "real time" through the viewfinder.

You can look at your shot after you take it and correct your composition for the next shot. This question has come up before in a number of guises. Most all dSLR shooters will agree that it is much easier to frame a picture through a dSLRs viewfinder that with the LCD of a digicam.

You can look at your shot after you take it and correct your composition for the next shot. This question has come up before in a number of guises. Most all dSLR shooters will agree that it is much easier to frame a picture through a dSLRs viewfinder that with the LCD of a digicam.

I don't know what most perfer, but having started with a consumer digicam and shooting with a DSLR for the last couple of years, I like framing with the LCD better. My 300D has better image quality, response, focus ... but I miss being able to see the subject and the LCD at the same time and there are instances where camera placement for the shot I want was compromised because I have to include space for my big head.

There is a version of the Canon 20 the Eos 20Da that allow viewing, this camera was designed for astrophotography and I doubt it would be usefull for u/w work.

http://www.canon.ca/english/index-products...=23&gid=2&ovr=1

But who know, anybody for super long exposure of bioluminescence. ;)

On the weird scale, the life forms found in the water on this planet probably rate pretty high on the cosmic scale of weirdness. <_<

There is a version of the Canon 20 the Eos 20Da that allow viewing, this camera was designed for astrophotography and I doubt it would be usefull for u/w work.

http://www.canon.ca/english/index-products...=23&gid=2&ovr=1

I looked at that. The "live view" is very limited, not good enough for uw use.

On the weird scale, the life forms found in the water on this planet probably rate pretty high on the cosmic scale of weirdness. <_<

You haven't been on the streets of San Francisco on Halloween.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements